What're you doing for Samhain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What're you doing for Samhain?

What's everyone planning to do for Samhain, if anything?

I'm planning to do a little ceremony to commune with my father, who I lost a few years ago now. I'll be lighting a candle for him and meditating a little, starting at sundown, or once the trick-or-treaters have given up for the night, whichever comes last :3

Re: What're you doing for Samhain?

Very little, tomorrow is liable to be more than a touch busy with other things I need to get done.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Good food (planning a pig roast with parsnips, potatoes, carrots, and spiced mead). Haven't decided on a dessert yet, but I will! Then a horror movie marathon + eating all the candy + passing out candy to kids.

Later at night I do my spiritual work.

First time in 5 years I've gotten this day off, and I actually have Nov 1 off too (which is also a spiritual day I recognize for ancestor work).

Comment

Haven't decided on food yet, not feeling too great so probably just some soup! But I will be doing a ritual to cleanse the year gone by and welcome the new with open mind and heart. And I'll be thinking about my dear departed ones, of wing, paw, foot, hoof, and scale.
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Since tomorrow is Samhain, I'm pretty much gonna do what my family has always done- Carve a pumpkin, take the seeds out of that pumpkin, roast the seeds and eat them. Also, another thing is that my Mom is gonna make some gooey butter bars with chocolate chips and coconut in it... Omg it's gonna be so good! Terrible for you, but awesomeness!

Also, since Samhain is so soon, I'm also gonna make sure to honor my great grandmother on this day/night. (She passed on when I was little. Sometimes, I even still feel her presence in here. She sometimes comes to check on me, and she also comes during holidays such as Thanksgiving or Christmas too.)

Comment

Doing my friend's make-up, making fudge at work, going to a concert with my sister and hoping people have the good sense to leave me the hell alone for the evening.

Comment

I'm gunna be going down to the beach after work and lighting a candle for my mother who passed away some years ago and say a few prayers. I'm just hoping that it wont be too windy for me to light the candle. Then probably pig out on left over candy lol
              Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
              Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
              sigpic

Comment

In Australia it is Beltane. I celebrate tradition Baltic Beltane with my family however the general public are running about doing Halloween things so I also do the 'commercial' Halloween fun. Best of both worlds. My friend from the USA is coming over to teach me how to make American Pumpkin Pie
                My posts are generally sent from my cell fone. Please excuse my brevity, and spelling/grammar errors.

Comment

I'm getting in the car and driving for about 12 hours to south Carolina.... with a fever, I don't think I am going to enjoy my favorite day of the year this year...
                  http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                  ~Jim Butcher

Comment

So far I've been for a walk (gorgeous weather until it started getting dark - then a thunderstorm, which seemed fitting!), carved a pumpkin for my son and made a special meal. Later I'll be taking part in a group candle-lighting/memorial ritual.

Comment

mostly giving out candy to trick-or-treaters and watching halloween movies in costume. but I plan on doing a private prayer and lighting a candle for my family who has passed.

Comment

I made a seasonal dinner (pork and root vegetables) and put some outside my door step with a lit candle in the nearest window to welcome any passerbys. I have a ceremony every year with candles and an apple with pomegranate juice. If you cut an apple cross ways it forms a pentagram and it's an honor ritual as we pass from harvest (apple) into the dark time (pomegranate). I'm glad to hear people spending time commemorating their relatives

Blessings on this windy Samhain!

Comment

Samhain is drawing nigh again.

And what do you do this year on that day - or rather - on that night?

Comment

Originally posted by Larix View Post
                            Samhain is drawing nigh again.

And what do you do this year on that day - or rather - on that night?
                            Well Halloween is actually on a Friday this year and we're gonna go out and be silly! Maybe I'll pull out my old Sailor Saturn costume...

Australia doesn't do Halloween as a general rule.

Also, it'll be Beltane, but on Saturday I'm presenting at a conference and doing last minute overseas shopping.

Should be a good trip at least.

Oh, and dinner with Rae'ya and Torey on Saturday night.
                            ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                            Seen the desert and the birds
                            You cut your hair short
                            Like a shush to an insult
                            The world had been yelling
                            Since the day you were born
                            Revolting with anger
                            While it smiled like it was cute
                            That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

What I do every year if I work or don't. Eat lots of candy!
                              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Working...
                              X