This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gaming

Been playing Overwatch and Diablo 3 lately. Overwatch si fairly enjoyable. Also been dabbling with Ark: Survival Evolved.

Comment

I wish I could play Overwatch, can't really do multiplayer games on satellite internet. Latency and data restrictions are harsh. Been playing the new Doom and Enter the Gungeon though.
      Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Been playing the tests for the PvP MMO Crowfall. Kind of fun. Head dude is the guy who made Shadowbane so it should be pretty good for PvP.

Comment

We've been playing WoW again. It's not what it used to be, but it's a nice little fantastical getaway from the day-to-day.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow View Post
            We've been playing WoW again. It's not what it used to be, but it's a nice little fantastical getaway from the day-to-day.
            I kind of want to play WoW again, but I just don't have the spare 20h/week required! The Warcraft movie made some of my old WoW friends reach out and we reminisced a bit. Makes me wonder how big a spike in re subscriptions there was the week after it was released.
            Last edited by Azvanna; 01 Jul 2016, 02:26.

Comment

I play a few hours here and there.

Well, not right now after killing the PC, but yeah.
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Azvanna View Post
                I kind of want to play WoW again, but I just don't have the spare 20h/week required! The Warcraft movie made some of my old WoW friends reach out and we reminisced a bit. Makes me wonder how big a spike in re subscriptions there was the week after it was released.
                That's about right. If I play less than 3 days a week I feel it's not worth the money it costs me to sub. Since they removed the option to customize your talent trees in any way you wanted I've really lost interest in the game. Moreso when they removed all the hoops you had to jump through to get things like mounts, flight, class skills, etc... Just all the things that provided enough of a challenge to keep me interested.

Comment

Just starting to play Skyrim on my PS3..I am liking the game,but at first I had a hard time with the format. I have managed to advance levels,and I think this game is going to take a while.
                  MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                  NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                  don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                  http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I cant game. I just can't. I got up to the point in Mine Craft where I could walk and turn my head at the same time. But then I died when I got attacked by a creeper and I couldn't walk, turn my head, and attack all at the same time.
                    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                    Seen the desert and the birds
                    You cut your hair short
                    Like a shush to an insult
                    The world had been yelling
                    Since the day you were born
                    Revolting with anger
                    While it smiled like it was cute
                    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                      I cant game. I just can't. I got up to the point in Mine Craft where I could walk and turn my head at the same time. But then I died when I got attacked by a creeper and I couldn't walk, turn my head, and attack all at the same time.
                      Me too! I just watch others play because I get too anxious and just generally suck.

For a while I was part of a group that would meet on a Minecraft server and chat via Skype to practice Japanese. I had to quit because I was holding everyone back. Kept getting lost in caves or walking 30 blocks from our house (so still in clear view of anyone standing outside the house) and forgetting the way back. We found horses and I rode mine into a ditch and couldn't get it out. It was like that horrible scene in Neverending Story. 'Artex, Nooo!!!'
                      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post

Me too! I just watch others play because I get too anxious and just generally suck.

For a while I was part of a group that would meet on a Minecraft server and chat via Skype to practice Japanese. I had to quit because I was holding everyone back. Kept getting lost in caves or walking 30 blocks from our house (so still in clear view of anyone standing outside the house) and forgetting the way back. We found horses and I rode mine into a ditch and couldn't get it out. It was like that horrible scene in Neverending Story. 'Artex, Nooo!!!'
                        Hahahahah!!!!!! I'm glad I'm not the only one who sucks!!
                        ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                        Seen the desert and the birds
                        You cut your hair short
                        Like a shush to an insult
                        The world had been yelling
                        Since the day you were born
                        Revolting with anger
                        While it smiled like it was cute
                        That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

I can't do those kinds of games, either. I still have a handheld Nintendo game boy with Tetris & Space Invaders.
                          sigpic
                          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I used to game a lot. I think at one point, my time gaming rivaled the time I spent at my full-time job. I've since eased up significantly. Right now, all I'm doing is phone games like nonstop Knight, 2dots and Abyssrium. Things I can play for a few minutes, then put down and do something else.

I miss playing Guild Wars (1 & 2) and I've used many LP videos on YouTube to get through difficult spots (like Guild Wars 2's jumping puzzles, and collection quests). I've, from time to time, played videos from pewdiepie, markiplier, cinnamontoastken, and others for the lulz and jokes, too. They're entertaining to me.
                            �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                            ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                            Sneak Attack
                            Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I confess to searching for game stuff in games where I get stuck. Some of the puzzles are hard..some older Nintendo(super) games I play on an emulator are still fun..Breath of fire,and soul blazer are favorites.

Soul Blazer

and Breath of fire.
                              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post

We play terraria as a family--its like 2D minecraft, which is more my speed. I like sims (1-4), Civilization, and WoW/EQ2 sorts of games, but I have a hard time with first person sorts of games, whether its minecraft (the kids play it, but just for the crafting bit--or story mode) or shooters.

For those that remember old school Atari games, its like pitfall meets minecraft....

This is my kids fave youtuber, playing the first day/night of terraria
                                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X