This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thalassa View Post

We play terraria as a family--its like 2D minecraft, which is more my speed. I like sims (1-4), Civilization, and WoW/EQ2 sorts of games, but I have a hard time with first person sorts of games, whether its minecraft (the kids play it, but just for the crafting bit--or story mode) or shooters.

For those that remember old school Atari games, its like pitfall meets minecraft....

This is my kids fave youtuber, playing the first day/night of terraria
    YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-HES8B9Rfo
    Yeah i was into Sims, and Age of Empires, but only on PC. And i just do them to build things. Thats why I got Alex to get me Minecraft lol
    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
    Seen the desert and the birds
    You cut your hair short
    Like a shush to an insult
    The world had been yelling
    Since the day you were born
    Revolting with anger
    While it smiled like it was cute
    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Re: Gaming

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
      We play terraria as a family--its like 2D minecraft, which is more my speed. I like sims (1-4), Civilization, and WoW/EQ2 sorts of games, but I have a hard time with first person sorts of games, whether its minecraft (the kids play it, but just for the crafting bit--or story mode) or shooters.

For those that remember old school Atari games, its like pitfall meets minecraft....

This is my kids fave youtuber, playing the first day/night of terraria
      Reminds me of some retro games,one Cave story..I am imagining this is a very good time waster..and BTW that is why I do gaming sometimes(old and a lot of time on my hands) TV gets old at times..online is ok,but you know how flighty us Old folks are...
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I just ordered everything to build a new gaming PC. i7 6800k, 32 gb ram, GTX 1080, 1 TB SSD.

This is the first PC I've ever built so it should be an interesting experience. I don't know if anyone else here has built a PC before.

I've been playing Overwatch a lot lately. Was playing Battlefield 1 for a while but got bored. Not enough match variety IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePaganMafia View Post
          I just ordered everything to build a new gaming PC. i7 6800k, 32 gb ram, GTX 1080, 1 TB SSD.

This is the first PC I've ever built so it should be an interesting experience. I don't know if anyone else here has built a PC before.
          Mostly just be sure that the board you're using can take everything you want to put on it. Not all motherboards are created equal. Past that, have adequate power and cooling.

Have you worked on the internals of a machine before? If not then there are general precautions I can add. If you have then have fun and let us know how things go.
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Built my own gaming pc many years ago. Most of it is still relevant today, just need a new graphics card and I should be good to go. But I'm not feeling like gaming yet so this may change by the time i want to get back into it.
            �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
            ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
            Sneak Attack
            Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

This is what I put together: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Jw4bTH

I have actually never really worked on the inside of a computer before. It doesn't look like there is any conflicts between the parts so it should go alright. I'm super excited for it all to come in.

Comment

Good luck with the build. I had a friend up in Albany who built MANY systems because it was his hobby. His "thrill" was the building and he sold them after playing with them a little. I think his number was near 30 systems when I knew him. His real day job was as a cook.

I myself bought one of his systems..
                Last edited by anunitu; 07 Dec 2016, 07:48.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by ThePaganMafia View Post

I have actually never really worked on the inside of a computer before. It doesn't look like there is any conflicts between the parts so it should go alright. I'm super excited for it all to come in.
                  I intended to get back to this earlier, sorry I'm late. So to avoid subjecting you to an essay, my main advice is

1) Watch some youtube vids about assembly. Assembling a machine isn't particularly hard but it's always good to see how things should go before trying it your first time.

2) ESD is not your friend. I've seen conflicting opinions on if you can sufficiently ground yourself on the computer if the computer itself isn't grounded. Some say that touching the chassis will equalize the charge and therefore negate the threat, some say the machine would need to be grounded. As grounded means plugged in (but not on) with a three plug cord plugged into a three pin socket (taking out pin three is a bad idea, don't do it), this distinction may mean something depending on how paranoid you are about electrical safety. If you have something near where you're working that is grounded then ground there and then work.

3) A Power Supply Unit is considered field replaceable. If you think there's a problem with it then don't try and fix it, send it back and get another. PSUs are higher voltage than the rest of the machine. I'm less concerned about you hurting them than I am about them hurting you. It probably will be fine, I've replaced hosts of them without issue and you're getting a new one but if there is an issue than just get a replacement, don't tinker.
                  life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

A good idea when handling components that are static prone is a grounding strap,it goes on your wrist and has a cable that you attach to ground(only good to get rid of static charge on YOU) a shorting stick is also good if working on something that might have a capacitor that is holding a charge

Grounding strap.

Shorting stick.
                    Pic is a bit large

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I did get a ground strap so there should be no problems. Also Amazon messed up half my orders so half the parts won't be in until next week. I won't be back in Maine until the 28th(visiting family for Christmas) so it'll be a couple weeks before I get to sit down and do this thing.

Comment

If anyone was thinking of buying Rift's expansion Starfall Prophecy, don't even bother. Who brings out an expansion with no raid content? Trion. That's who. Quest lines are broken too so good luck levelling!

Comment

Originally posted by Azvanna View Post
                          If anyone was thinking of buying Rift's expansion Starfall Prophecy, don't even bother. Who brings out an expansion with no raid content? Trion. That's who. Quest lines are broken too so good luck levelling!
                          I pre-bought the GW2 expansion and still haven't played it. It's been live for months, lol. I'm logging in for the first time today (after my errands) to take it all in. I hope I won't have the same reaction to it like you did with Rift.
                          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                          Sneak Attack
                          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Late update on the PC build but totally got it up and running a couple weeks ago. Which was right on time as we got snowed in and had something to do. Running a 1440p 144Hz monitor with it and games look amazing. Been running Witches 3 on ultra at 80-90 FPS. Battlefield one has been hitting over 100 fps on ultra with it.

Comment

Yo guys!

I play league of legends (EUW), summoner name is Zerhathos. Also I just got a 3DS with MH4 Ultimate. My friend code is 0276-2502-3687. I also play Chivalry and many other steam games. My Steam username is seankay666. I have lots of steam games.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Originally posted by Nishatsumon
                                There are many kinds of games.Cricket is my favorite game.I like it because it is a good recreation and keeps our body fit for work.we can keep our body fit paying cricket.
                                I guess this was oriented more towards videogames. But yeah might be misleading title.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Working...
                                X