X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gaming

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
    Was anyone hard core enough to watch this years E3? Xbox was OWNED!

There are so any cool games on their way.. did you see Pokemon X and Y? I haven't played properly
    in years, but I could be tempted. Plants v Zombies released initially on xbox only? Bah!

Oh but the next installment of the walking dead looks great. And.. what else was there? Too much. I need more money, and more hours in a day!
    It really, really really was owned.

I've been a hardcore Xbox player for a long time, but their new console is so terrible I can't even imagine buying it at this point. I'll probably be getting a PS4, a statement I am in fact utterly amazed I am making, but that is very true.
    hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Was anyone hard core enough to watch this years E3? Xbox was OWNED!

There are so any cool games on their way.. did you see Pokemon X and Y? I haven't played properly
      in years, but I could be tempted. Plants v Zombies released initially on xbox only? Bah!

Oh but the next installment of the walking dead looks great. And.. what else was there? Too much. I need more money, and more hours in a day!
      X-box let themselves be owned. I don't know what they were expecting when they made these decisions, maybe that people just did'nt know they really wanted all that crap they did? No, people like to use their stuff when and often how they want to. The always on Kinect cam would make me nervous, and id have to brush my hair and put on not-pajamas to play, which means I often would not play... and we couldn't keep it in the bedroom to watch netflix, which on the new x-box you need around $60 worth of gold to download.... nope I think I will stick with my decision of forever forsaking x-box and make the PS4 my new friend.

As far as Pokemon... I sold a bunch of stuff so I could buy a 3DS just so I could play the new Pokemon... It's sexy lookin...
      http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
      ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Yeah, so many bad decisions by Microsoft. I don't know what they were thinking. It's about time large companies start to understand that it is the consumer and not the manufacturer that holds the power.

The best moment of E3 for me, was the price reveal for the PS4. The reaction from the crowd said it all. They actually covered it as a major news story on NTV (Japanese channel). Says a lot about how important gaming must be over there. I couldn't imagine it being covered as anything but a side-story here in the UK.

The only thing I'm worried about with pokemon X and Y, is the introduction of fairy type. I don't like change! I'm sure I'll come to like it though. It does, however, mean that some of the cards I use will be retired soon. Guess I'll have to start buying new ones.
        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Pokemon NEEDS change, my favourite games in the main series are the ones that brought the most changes: Diamond and Pearl, Heartgold and Soulsilver, White and Black.

If you want games that are just like the old ones, then play the old ones... Or wait ten years for the remake, or twenty for the remake of the remake.

At any rate, fairy type sounds frikken awesome. My team is going to be all fairy type, my pokiemanz are gonna be fabulous!
          Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Lol! Well I for one can't imagine any potential issues with a team made entirely of one type... Nothing comes to mind anyway. Definitely nothing about certain types being weak to others or anything like that. Nope, it's a iron-cast plan you have right there.

Haha. So far, I've only seen a few fairy types. They showed the new fairy type eevee evolution. I wasn't blown away by the 3 starting pokemon, but then I eventually warmed to Snivy (or Arseache as I called him, because it rhymes with snake), so I'm sure I'll come to like them.
            夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Lol! Well I for one can't imagine any potential issues with a team made entirely of one type... Nothing comes to mind anyway. Definitely nothing about certain types being weak to others or anything like that. Nope, it's a iron-cast plan you have right there.
              It makes things interesting, like the all bug team I made for my Black playthrough. Though that had more to do with there finally being enough dual type bug pokemon to make such a thing viable.

What's really fun is a no direct attack playthrough. Only status effects and the like.
              Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

We should totally reopen the pokemon thread. That's assuming it's been locked yet. It's a bit awkward to scroll through on my phone or I'd check.

Comment

I wasn't blown away by the 3 starting pokemon, but then I eventually warmed to Snivy (or Arseache as I called him, because it rhymes with snake), so I'm sure I'll come to like them.
                  I was thrilled that the final evo of the fire type wasn't bloody fire/fighting... I was so excited that I squeaked!

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                  ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Yeah, so many bad decisions by Microsoft. I don't know what they were thinking. It's about time large companies start to understand that it is the consumer and not the manufacturer that holds the power.
                    To be fair they did recently rescind Microsoft's decisions on a lot of the unpopular "features" of the xbox one, but I still think the damage is done. Most of the Xbox games, in my eyes, looked pretty stupid anyways. But that's coming from someone who almost exclusively plays Japanese games (or games inspired by japanese games). Wonder what system I'm getting next...?

Yep! PSV! lol

Comment

Originally posted by toxicyarnglare View Post
                      To be fair they did recently rescind Microsoft's decisions on a lot of the unpopular "features" of the xbox one, but I still think the damage is done. Most of the Xbox games, in my eyes, looked pretty stupid anyways. But that's coming from someone who almost exclusively plays Japanese games (or games inspired by japanese games). Wonder what system I'm getting next...?

Yep! PSV! lol
                      Quantum Break looked cool on the Xbox One! And the new Halo! (but I always like Halo)

...And that's it. Everything else is on PS4 also like Final Fantasy, and Destiny, and PS4 is getting the next game from the creators of Braid...

I won't be buying a next gen system for a long time, $400 is way too much for me right now, especially when I still haven't beaten so much of my Xbox 360 library...

Anyways, I guess this will give me time to figure out which console I'll really want now that MSFT got rid of their draconian policies, though they are still leaving a bad taste in my mouth
                      hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Originally posted by toxicyarnglare View Post

Yep! PSV! lol
                        But they are doing it as a patch. Who's to say that they won't send out a patch 3 months from now putting it back?
                        I probably won't be getting a next gen console this time around. There's still plenty of old (and not so old) games I need to conquer
                        Good men don't need rules. Today is not the day to find out why I have so many. -The Doctor

Comment

Microsoft has already been on my s*** list, then the released the info about the new console and I knew that I would never own another MSFT console. Rescinding the crap does not rid me of the aftertaste. I have been fed up with Xbox live for a while now, and that shant be changing now that they saw they made an oopsie...

They steal my money and then want to badger me for loyalty? I think not... MSFT can keep their consoles, I shall stick with PS for Console, and nintendo for handheld and be done with it TYVM...

Also, eventually PC games will rule the universe, I don't need the new MSFT console, I have a PC that already does that stuff...

~Jim Butcher

Comment

So very true, Maria.
                            I'd do so much more PC gaming if I could upgrade my machine. That was actually one of the reasons we ended up getting a 360 (that and Beatles Rockband).
                            Good men don't need rules. Today is not the day to find out why I have so many. -The Doctor

Comment

Originally posted by Agel View Post
                              So very true, Maria.
                              I'd do so much more PC gaming if I could upgrade my machine. That was actually one of the reasons we ended up getting a 360 (that and Beatles Rockband).
                              Yeah, this would be the priority for me before I worry too much about a new console, itll be so much easier...

~Jim Butcher

Comment

Console gaming has ONE major advantage over PC, and that is uniformity. Because of that when I put in a clean disk (or download a game) and it doesn't play perfectly that is nine times out of ten entirely the developers fault. The exact same situation with a PC and it is always my fault.

Comment

Working...
                                X