X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am a born again evangelical Christian

hi

my name is Angelo. I am swiss, and live over ten years in Brazil. I am a born again evangelical christian. I am open to talk with everyone, that would like to know better my faith. I think, there exist many pre - judgements, that might be clarified.
    I am not disposed and interested to convert anybody here. This is a personal decision. I am just here to testify my faith to anyone, that would like to know more and understand it better. i do not want to disrespect your faith, philosophy and convictions, and expect the same from you. So who has pre judgements , and has no interest, to change it, i am asking at least to respect my faith.

So now to my first question : How do you know the faith you have now is the truth ? What if you found out that Christ was who He claimed to be and more than He was cracked up to be? Would you consider switching sides?

Angelo

Re: I am a born again evangelical Christian

hey, welcome to the forum Angelo . Glad to see another fellow Christian around these parts. As long as you respect other people and their beliefs, and don't try to convert people, people will treat you well here.

Being that I'm a Christian, I am pretty sure I already found out who Christ was, so that question is a bit moot for me :P, but just be a bit cautious getting settled in as a lot of people here have had bad experiences with people of our faith being cruel to them (and decidedly un-Christian to boot).

Anyways, just keep an open mind, and I hope you enjoy this place.

Take care, -Malflick
    hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Originally posted by Eljon View Post
      .. So now to my first question : How do you know the faith you have now is the truth ? What if you found out that Christ was who He claimed to be and more than He was cracked up to be? Would you consider switching sides?

Angelo
      I know mine is the truth for me. It was the truth when the goddess Artemis spoke to me from the mouth of a deer long ago and said "I am Artemis and you are mine!" It was the truth when over the years and countless countries she and other gods / goddesses I am bound and sworn to have appeared and spoken to me. I know it is truth when I've faced the dark night of the soul and came out still firm in my beliefs and convictions. I know its truth for me from having died in my youth and crossed back into this world.

So no I would not consider switching sides. Yes I do know your Jesus and he is not the one that calls to me nor his Father.
      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

I have a path at the moment. Where that path leaves me in agreement with Christ, I welcome his friendship. Where it leaves me in opposition, I will do as I must. The same rule applies to his faithful.

Welcome to PaganForum, may you enjoy your time here.
        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Welcome to the forum
          For me my spirituality is more of an inner experience than a faith. I try to attach as little metaphysical philosophy to it as possible. I simply accept/explore what my experience is, and if it leads to me becoming involved with one archetypal deity or another, so be it.

I was raised in a christian home. I left the religion years ago for a large number of reasons that all boil down to: It simply is not right for me. I disagree with mainstream christianity on many points, and it does not fit who I really am. I could accept the idea of Christ as a historical figure or mythological archetype, but I would need quite a lot of compelling evidence to convince me that he is metaphysically real. Besides that, I find that I have become quite a bit happier without it in my life.

We are all open to people of many different walks of life so long as they are open to us. Take Malflick, for example. Enjoy your ride here!
          Last edited by iflewoverthecuckoosnest; 01 Nov 2013, 16:37.

Comment

hi

my name is Angelo. I am swiss, and live over ten years in Brazil. I am a born again evangelical christian. I am open to talk with everyone, that would like to know better my faith. I think, there exist many pre - judgements, that might be clarified.
            I am not disposed and interested to convert anybody here. This is a personal decision. I am just here to testify my faith to anyone, that would like to know more and understand it better. i do not want to disrespect your faith, philosophy and convictions, and expect the same from you. So who has pre judgements , and has no interest, to change it, i am asking at least to respect my faith.

So now to my first question : How do you know the faith you have now is the truth ? What if you found out that Christ was who He claimed to be and more than He was cracked up to be? Would you consider switching sides?

Angelo
            Hello, and welcome to the forum. Your question is a very good question and it has only the simplest answer to it for me. If Jesus really is the Son of God, and Heaven is as real as the sky, then I will have the wisdom to know that it is one of the many wonders of our vast Universe. In fact, although I am not Christian, I do not doubt that there is a Heaven out there and it is possible that Jesus could be the Son of God.

Comment

Welcome to the forum.

As for your question, I respectfully decline to answer because I'd rather not write a book tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by iflewoverthecuckoosnest View Post
                but I would need quite a lot of compelling evidence to convince me that he is metaphysically real.
                There are different path's to find out the truth of metaphysical reality. First of all, the existence of the universe, and life , demand a explanation. Why is there something, rather than nothing ?
                How did we get here ? What caused us into being ? We can find answers to these questions through science, and philosophy. But it gets as far as it gets. And that is, we might be able to deduce , that a creator must be the cause of everything that exists. But who is this creator ? There theology comes into the game. It might go too far right now, to present reasons, that let me believe, the Bible is telling us the truth. But we do have also a lot of evidence through testimonies, for example of people that had a revelation or vision of Christ. Since i am unable to post a video, check on youtube christian locked up in iran.

Comment

Hey there!

To start, I do not disagree with Christianity at all. It has a dark place in my past but I realize my situation was a bit... unorthodox, and I've let it go. Many of my best friends and family are Christian and it has never been an issue. They're great people! Christ was an amazing figure with some very ground breaking ideas for his time and ours and was not afraid to be different and stand up for what he believed. I think Christianity is a wonderful path for any who feel drawn to it and it has my full support as a religion. However, it is simply not my path. I believe I am being called elsewhere, that I have always been called elsewhere, and I find my own truths along the way. I do not doubt the divinity of Christ or the Christian God as they are ultimately divine to those who worship them as the various Pagan gods are to those who follow them. That is all that really matters.

Furthermore I don't believe there are "sides" when it comes to religion and spirituality and I believe that such a thought is extremely dangerous. We are all seeking to become better than we were yesterday and trying to reach a state beyond the animal and physical. We all simply take different routes to get to the same point

Comment

Originally posted by Dust View Post
                    We all simply take different routes to get to the same point
                    But Jesus said he is the only way to God the Father, and heaven. And as for other Gods, i do not believe, they are on par with God , creator of the universe, and Jesus Christ, savior of the world.

Comment

But Jesus said he is the only way to God the Father, and heaven. And as for other Gods, i do not believe, they are on par with God , creator of the universe, and Jesus Christ, savior of the world.
                      He did say that and it's one of the things he said that I must respectfully disagree with. To each his own I suppose

Comment

hi

Angelo
                        Let me ask you this. How do you know the faith you have is the truth? What if you found out that Christ wasn't all he claimed to be. Would you consider switching sides as well?
                        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

There are different path's to find out the truth of metaphysical reality. First of all, the existence of the universe, and life , demand a explanation. Why is there something, rather than nothing ?
                          How did we get here ? What caused us into being ? We can find answers to these questions through science, and philosophy. But it gets as far as it gets. And that is, we might be able to deduce , that a creator must be the cause of everything that exists. But who is this creator ? There theology comes into the game. It might go too far right now, to present reasons, that let me believe, the Bible is telling us the truth. But we do have also a lot of evidence through testimonies, for example of people that had a revelation or vision of Christ. Since i am unable to post a video, check on youtube christian locked up in iran.
                          It's all fine and good if someone has a visionary revelation of Jesus, but I simply haven't, and even if I did, I would have no way of knowing if it was hallucinatory or real.

We may not know what started the universe, but that doesn't mean we ought to start making speculations about it into fact. Even if the universe beginning required a creator (which it doesn't), we have no way of knowing who/what that creator was. Could be Yaweh, could be Allah, could be Shiva...

Christians being persecuted is terrible and unjust, but their persecution does not prove their beliefs as any sort of ultimate truth. Someone can firmly, firmly believe just about anything and be unjustly scorned for it, doesn't make their idea true. There are people of all sorts of different religions who believe their dogma just as strongly as you believe yours. Strength of belief does not make that belief any more or less true

No one path is right for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Dust View Post
                            We all simply take different routes to get to the same point
                            Hello and welcome to PF! I'm sure you will be fine here as long as you keep an open mind
                            I agree with Dust here... I think it all leads to the same point.

I know my path is the true path for me because of the things I've been through. My main point being that I don't believe the great divine is all male... or all female for that matter. I believe a good combination of both? Why do I believe that because there are males and females in this world. I was a Christian and was even baptised for many years. However, when being told that males where mighter then females and my place was to cook and clean and take care of my man... I started looking elsewhere. That might hav just been the churches in my area but either way.

Just as those who have testimonies of seeing Jesus or God, I have my own testimonies for hearing Athirat and Isis... and Taweret though, I've not heard her she's made herself very known to me!

However I am glad that you are happy where you stand

Comment

Originally posted by Aniera View Post

I know my path is the true path for me because of the things I've been through. My main point being that I don't believe the great divine is all male... or all female for that matter. I believe a good combination of both? Why do I believe that because there are males and females in this world. I was a Christian and was even baptised for many years. However, when being told that males where mighter then females and my place was to cook and clean and take care of my man... I started looking elsewhere. That might hav just been the churches in my area but either way.
                              (I'll just quietly note that YHWH has many many names, denoting YHWH's many aspects, and there are some such as Shekhina and El Malah Rachamim which are female names. While there are a lot of Christians that take a very patriarchal view of YHWH, the Bible gives God lots of aspects, and I and many other Christians think such a sexist view of women's roles is not just bad, stupid, and evil, but against our religion. And yes, I know there are a large vocal number who veer VERY much in the opposite direction ..... Anyways I'm sorry the churches in your area suck in that regard.

Okay, just thought I'd make that note. How do I end this post? AHHHHH )
                              hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Working...
                              X