How is it possible to contact?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is it possible to contact?

I have often heard claims that "God spoke to me" which occurs mostly in very religious folk. Sometimes I wonder if they are just false claims and are lying or they really did have contact with their deity and spoke to them? Do the deities give out signs and people think that the gods and goddesses are contacting them through that? Is that what they mean by "My deity spoke to me" because that's the deities way of speaking to them or is it possible they actually had a conversation? Is it possible to actually contact your deity, if not in a ritual, then through dreams and visions? Anyone talked to Jesus or Thor or Athena? If so, how is it possible?

Re: How is it possible to contact?

Think of the internal voices (like conscience) that speak to you, and I think you'll be getting into the ballpark.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

For me I find that contact falls into two sphere's of reality.

On the one hand I find the gods / goddesses speak to us when they desire to do so. I can not think of anything else when that deer stopped in front of me on that mountain trail all those years ago and I heard the woman's voice say "I am Artemis and you are mine!" I can not dispute that any more than when I made a port call in Corfu and had a woman's voice tell me "That is that Roman Diana not me!" Then to hear it again when we made a port call in Rhodes and have the same voice tell me "I told you that is that Roman Diana not me!" When I stood beneath a full moon and looked out from the rails of the ship and watched the moon turn into the face of a young woman then shift into the head and face of a cat headed woman, all I remember hearing that night is "Look to my face"

The other way I think is when we as devote's or followers speak to them and ask or need some sort of confirmation from them. It's like I speak to Hecate / Hekate then suddenly the baying of hounds comes rolling down the valley from the mountain pass that was behind our home. It wasn't there when I started and it finished before I did then nothing the rest of the night. Yet that baying filled me with the spirit of Hecate / Hekate and that she or her avatar was near me. With Artemis it's the unusual presence of deer that appear when I speak to her or wonder about her presence. I recall one day this young fawn came running up across the field and just stood there facing me. I felt Artemis when it happened, would say it was chance except the deer stayed until my grandchildren came out into the yard.

In each case not a specific voice but a sensation that fills me with the particular gods / goddesses energy and presence. Other times it's something that is representative of them that appears out of the norm but their presence makes you think of the god / goddess in question.

A third way is via dream or journey. I've been spoken to and have spoken to them initially in dream time though the question is one of was it them or was it simply an internal voice that speaks in their perspective but generated from within. At times I have doubts myself, other times well lets just say when the voice of Artemis in my dream matched the one that spoke to me about that statuary piece its sort of hard to say it was simply internal generated.

How is it possible? I can't even begin to answer that except that it happened to me so I know its possible. But I also tend to believe in the notion that most of us no more hear what is going on about us or addressed to us than we actually observe what is ongoing around us or what we are actually seeing. Ask five people about the same thing and you'll get five different answers for what they just saw or heard.
      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Just though i'd add the though that I think a god / goddess speaking directly to us is rather rare. I can't speak for other's but for me it's only happened maybe a total of 5 - 10 times max over the 54 years of my life. Dream speak is probably a bit more common but even that I think is far less often than many would suggest happens. I think by far the greatest would be equating a feeling, smell or visible representation of them which makes us think of them to be the main method of conveying their presence to us.
        I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

I usually get dreams but in my entire life so far I have had three dreams where I heard the voice from the sky or where I saw a huge image of person taller that his head touching to the clouds, this person was standing to the mountain on which I had gone few days earlier giving me instructions on what and where I have to go. Yes I believe that deities really contacts some chosen people.
          No sig for you.

Comment

Working...
          X