This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Silly Things that Annoy You About the Community

Anyone Referring to Morrighan as a triple goddess. If we want to get technical she has at least 4 aspects, (more depending on which cycle you are referring to) and MMC absolutely does not fit eigther.

Sorry makes me want to murder something fuzzy and cute hearing that crap touted as bloody fact... I shouldn't even care anymore!
    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
      Anyone Referring to Morrighan as a triple goddess. If we want to get technical she has at least 4 aspects, (more depending on which cycle you are referring to) and MMC absolutely does not fit eigther.

Sorry makes me want to murder something fuzzy and cute hearing that crap touted as bloody fact... I shouldn't even care anymore!
      whats MMC?
      hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Originally posted by Malflick View Post
        whats MMC?
        Normally it refers to the Wiccan usage of Mother - Maiden - Crone. However, it is also used in the same manner, ie Mother, Maiden, Crone in goddess practices and some generic Paganism practices. One may also hear MMWC which is Mother - Maiden - Warrioress - Crone but that one is not seen as frequently as simple MMC.
        I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Whenever people try to explain to me the twue seequet owegins of Abrahamic religion, which somehow is never actually is remotely the same between two explanations :P.

Comment

Someone that's read a wiki and is suddenly an expert...
            I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country
            Tribe of my Tribe
            Clan of my Clan
            Kin of my Kin
            Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
            And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

I've noticed that all of the "spiritual," New Agey folks I've met here on the Big Island are white. I've met a few local natives who know Hula and lei-making, and the old practices are evidently alive, but small and secret. I've noticed a specific type of people here - white, originally from the mainland, insists on saying "Aloha" and "Mahalo" and never "Hello, goodbye, thank you," makes new agey remarks about "Indigo Children" and can get pushy and arrogant about it. Don't get me wrong, most of the people I've met have been lovely, but I've also met that certain hoiti-toitiness that gets disguised with "spirituality."

What amuses me is that none of the locals I've met around here say "Aloha" or "Mahalo," ever. My parents had sort of given me the idea that everyone said them, but no, just the people they choose to associate with.
              Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
              -Erik Erikson

Comment

Originally posted by Clive View Post
                I've noticed that all of the "spiritual," New Agey folks I've met here on the Big Island are white. I've met a few local natives who know Hula and lei-making, and the old practices are evidently alive, but small and secret. I've noticed a specific type of people here - white, originally from the mainland, insists on saying "Aloha" and "Mahalo" and never "Hello, goodbye, thank you," makes new agey remarks about "Indigo Children" and can get pushy and arrogant about it. Don't get me wrong, most of the people I've met have been lovely, but I've also met that certain hoiti-toitiness that gets disguised with "spirituality."

What amuses me is that none of the locals I've met around here say "Aloha" or "Mahalo," ever. My parents had sort of given me the idea that everyone said them, but no, just the people they choose to associate with.
                The reminds me of my friend. Both of her parents are from Guatemala and she was raised in a Hispanic neighborhood, but her parents refused to teach her Spanish.

Comment

This may be a minor one, but when people who say they know the Greek gods and demigods, yet use the Roman names when listing them. Yeah, I'm pretty sure the Greeks never referred to Zeus as Jupiter or Heracules as Hercules. Even worse when they do it with my Patron gods. Bottom line, if you only know the Olympians by the names of their Roman counterparts/knock offs, don't say you know the 'Greek' Pantheon.

Well, I never liked Playgans...at all. I think we can all agree here.
                  "As long as humans continue to be the ruthless destroyer of other beings, we will never know health or peace. For as long as people massacre animals, they will kill each other. Indeed, those who sow the seed of murder and pain will never reap joy or love." - Pythagoras

"I too shall lie in the dust when I am dead, but now let me win noble renown." - Homer, The Iliad

Comment

Originally posted by Watchful Overseer View Post
                    Playgans
                    LOL... I've never heard this term before.

Comment

lack of basic scientific understanding

Though, to be fair, this annoys me in lots of people.
                      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post

Ugh. This. So much this.

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post

This annoys me all the time about my own community :P.

Comment

People often say provocative phrases, like "Are you an idiot?". This is really annoying... I really want to punch them after saying such a phrase sometimes.
                            "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

The assumption (even within some pagan communities) that anyone who falls under the umbrella term "Pagan" practices Wicca, and is all about the Godess.

Pretty much every Pagan meet up or Pagan Pride Day I've been to, the ritual was Wicca, not even a nod to any other tradition. And pagan groups that harem scarem mix and blend pantheons and traditions in ritual just to make everyone feel included. I am really hung up on a group that did Kemetic Yule a few years ago.

I mean, pick a trad, do their ritual respectfully, or have someone give a talk about their trad if their rituals are restricted or private, but don't disrespect or misrepresent something.

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
                                People often say provocative phrases, like "Are you an idiot?". This is really annoying... I really want to punch them after saying such a phrase sometimes.
                                I flat out despise anything that could be considered ableist. So, anybody who uses things like "Idiot/Retard/Fucktard/Derp/Moron/Crazy/etc" pisses me off to no end.

So, as far as the greater community goes, things like that.
                                Kemetic Blog - http://www.inspiringrainbow.wordpress.com

Bring your grains of Salt.

Comment

Working...
                                X