Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Walking Dead Thread (Possible Spoilers so Late-Comers Beware!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Walking Dead Thread (Possible Spoilers so Late-Comers Beware!)

Ok, Walkies, let's do this

Do you watch The Walking Dead? Wanna talk about it?
    The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Re: The Walking Dead Thread (Possible Spoilers so Late-Comers Beware!)

I've seen The Walking Dead, a few episodes of Season 1. I haven't been able to see the other seasons, but I do love The Walking Dead. It's a wonderful show.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Too many zombies for me!

Mostly art.

Comment

Big walking dead fan. As I might have posted, I see the deep human drama in the series. A question of how you would handle the programs premise. Would you stay positive and not become "less humanitarian". I know many would say the aspect of the zombies would not change their belief in their "moral compass",but I myself have thought how would I react? Would I become the guy that says "Kill them all and let god sort them out"?,or retain my nature as it is now.?
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I honestly think I'd be getting as far from major population centers as humanly possible. I'd rather take on a few random walkers out in the boonies than try to rejoin a community. That flu outbreak is a prime example - people get sick when they're around each other, and with limited access to resources or medical care, you become very vulnerable.

I support what Carol did, but it was a case of too little, too late. They made no precautions. Rick's little group has no disaster management plans. At Woodbury, the outbreak might have been even worse - people would have been dying in their homes and no one might have found out until it was too late, just like whenever the original zombie outbreak happened. There is no more 'return to normalcy' for the survivors. They have to rethink everything modern society became.

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
          Too many zombies for me!
          This season finally has enough zombies for me - the past couple have been 'Drama drama drama... and maybe a couple of zombies show up'.

Comment

I've ALMOST finished season 2. It's on husbands harddrive though, so not here. DAMN!
            ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
            Seen the desert and the birds
            You cut your hair short
            Like a shush to an insult
            The world had been yelling
            Since the day you were born
            Revolting with anger
            While it smiled like it was cute
            That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
              I honestly think I'd be getting as far from major population centers as humanly possible. I'd rather take on a few random walkers out in the boonies than try to rejoin a community. That flu outbreak is a prime example - people get sick when they're around each other, and with limited access to resources or medical care, you become very vulnerable.

I support what Carol did, but it was a case of too little, too late. They made no precautions. Rick's little group has no disaster management plans. At Woodbury, the outbreak might have been even worse - people would have been dying in their homes and no one might have found out until it was too late, just like whenever the original zombie outbreak happened. There is no more 'return to normalcy' for the survivors. They have to rethink everything modern society became.

I agree! Carol was doing what she thought was best, but she should have known it was to late for all of that. I don't know if I 100% agree with Rick's choice to let her go though. She was a major help in all of this, this might have been one of those times to just let the truth stay quiet.

I also don't understand why Rick is so concerned with his son not being involved in activities. The kid shot his own mother in a world full of zombies, he's not going to be a "normal" kid anymore... not to mention he is a hell of a shot and is a lot of help when it comes to that front. I'd rather my child be prepared like he is, then worry about him not being able to take care of himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Aniera View Post
                I agree! Carol was doing what she thought was best, but she should have known it was to late for all of that. I don't know if I 100% agree with Rick's choice to let her go though. She was a major help in all of this, this might have been one of those times to just let the truth stay quiet.
                I think he was trying to protect her from Tyrese. Tyrese is going to be so pissed when he learns Rick basically let Carol go. But instead of putting Carol in danger on the homefront, Tyrese would have to go hunt her down.

I also don't understand why Rick is so concerned with his son not being involved in activities. The kid shot his own mother in a world full of zombies, he's not going to be a "normal" kid anymore... not to mention he is a hell of a shot and is a lot of help when it comes to that front. I'd rather my child be prepared like he is, then worry about him not being able to take care of himself.
                With this, I think it's more about Carl's judgment. He'd already shown too much interest when they were talking about executing that one kid they found spying on them (can't remember if it was Season 1 or 2)... he shot another 'kid' against Hershel's advice... Carl's a little too willing to kill other people. Rick was first and foremost a cop, and he'd probably seen his share of gung-ho shoot-first kind of cops in the line of duty and saw the same thing happening to his son. He's trying to encourage Carl to stop and think before acting.

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
                  I think he was trying to protect her from Tyrese. Tyrese is going to be so pissed when he learns Rick basically let Carol go. But instead of putting Carol in danger on the homefront, Tyrese would have to go hunt her down.
                  But I don't think this is going to keep Tyrese from loosing it and hunting her down. But I guess if nothing else he gave Carol a head start, but I know it will be bad when the little girls realize she's gone.

With this, I think it's more about Carl's judgment. He'd already shown too much interest when they were talking about executing that one kid they found spying on them (can't remember if it was Season 1 or 2)... he shot another 'kid' against Hershel's advice... Carl's a little too willing to kill other people. Rick was first and foremost a cop, and he'd probably seen his share of gung-ho shoot-first kind of cops in the line of duty and saw the same thing happening to his son. He's trying to encourage Carl to stop and think before acting.
                  True I had forgot about the execution thing... I can see that, maybe just wanting to stop and think. I am glad to see the two of them kinda helping each other out though!

Comment

There is a visual image that comes to mind with Rick..at the beginning he is a strong swimmer when confronted with the tide of the zombie thing,then after a while he becomes tired from all the effort,and also must confront Shane. When his wife dies(turns) he begins to stop swimming and just floats for a bit,but the waves batter him back into swimming. He could have just let go and sunk down into the waves of danger but he fights again. Too Visual? just my minds eye view of the action.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                      There is a visual image that comes to mind with Rick..at the beginning he is a strong swimmer when confronted with the tide of the zombie thing,then after a while he becomes tired from all the effort,and also must confront Shane. When his wife dies(turns) he begins to stop swimming and just floats for a bit,but the waves batter him back into swimming. He could have just let go and sunk down into the waves of danger but he fights again. Too Visual? just my minds eye view of the action.
                      Rick definitely looks exhausted. They all do - except Hershel, right up until the end of this last episode, when he broke down crying.

The visual effects on TWD really go to great efforts to show that these people aren't sitting around relaxing much. That prison probably stinks to high heaven from all the blood, rot, fear and panic in the place. All their clothes-washing and looking for hot water from the first season have kind of stopped.

Comment

When I started watching TWD,it never entered my mind the direction things would go. The drama of human weakness seemed a minor thing and then it just went in so many directions it caught me by surprise. I think someone on "the talking dead" mentioned that the walking dead were actually the survivors and not the zombies.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

OMG CAROL! I TOTALLY KNEW IT WAS YOU!!!!

Yeah, I just watched Ep 3, S 4. Now I know what ya'll are on about there! I wanna know who's baiting the walkers though....

Sure, we're behind here (I don't think S 3 is even on TV yet), but the benefit is that we can download it, and watch an ENTIRE SEASON in a week I hear that it's up to Ep 8 atm? Excellent, I'll be up to date by the end of the week!

RIP

You cut your hair short
                          Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Caught up. WHY ARE YOU MAKING ME WAIT TIL FEBRUARY?!

I'm sad that the prison is blown up. GovernerPhillipBrian is a cockhead. I was so proud of his new missus. Her and her sister are still alive hey?

And what about the kids with guns! WEEE that was fun! haha

RIP

You cut your hair short
                            Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                              Caught up. WHY ARE YOU MAKING ME WAIT TIL FEBRUARY?!

I'm sad that the prison is blown up. GovernerPhillipBrian is a cockhead. I was so proud of his new missus. Her and her sister are still alive hey?

And what about the kids with guns! WEEE that was fun! haha
                              I was sad that the Gov bit it. He was really an awesome villain. I wonder what sort of bad guys they're going to end up heading off against now (other than the zombies)?

Comment

Working...
                              X