This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tell me about your life as a Druid?

As a pagan of no set path, I follow my heart and instincts and let the pieces fall into place. Druidism is one such part of my path that interests me. I am MUCH more drawn to this "idea" then traditional Wicca. Please tell me about your life as a Druid! Why do you love it?!

Re: Tell me about your life as a Druid?

I am not druid myself, though it interests me as I have very strong family roots to it.

I have a close friend he is pagan/witchcraft (he just uses that title) and his brother is druid. Their father was a druid and there mother was a pagan/witchcraft. The druid side does not talk about their beliefs.

I am curious about druid beliefs myself and am also curious if their behaviour reflects the greater whole of the community?

Comment

I think it depends on the person. As with all spirituality I think that making our OWN decisions and finding our own truths is more important that putting a title to what we are. I was just curious about those who did put a title to themselves. I wanted to compare my own studies and take on beliefs. Once again my spirits have shown me to stop trying to put a title on myself and just BE and FEEL who and what I am. LOL! I will keep studying everything I can get my hands on and continue my journey as my spirits guide me, instead of trying to see "what and where" I might fit in within established beliefs. I guess I am meant to be something unique!

Comment

Originally posted by PoisonTears View Post
        Once again my spirits have shown me to stop trying to put a title on myself and just BE and FEEL who and what I am. LOL! I will keep studying everything I can get my hands on and continue my journey as my spirits guide me, instead of trying to see "what and where" I might fit in within established beliefs.
        Well, that's a piece of it right there. Are you studying neo-druidism, reconstructional druidry, or pre reconstructional druidism? Do you want to know about reformed druidism, or life in a grove? Most druids today are neo-druids. It's a really strong blend of spiritual shamanism and druidry. It's rare to come across what some term a pure druid.

I'd be happy to answer any questions I am able to; however, the post to answer your initial question would be exceptionally long and I use my phone to post. I am considered a shamanistic/neo druid. A title given to me by multiple others, I never really was into labels but it's apparently easiest to explain this way.

Comment

What would be considered neo druidism?

Comment

Working...
          X