What have you learned using tarot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What have you learned using tarot?

I wanted to make a thread based on unique things people have learned using tarot that they feel they would like to share. Perhaps it will be of use to someone or help you find a better understanding. If you want to share a story about how tarot has helped you.

I have always had a facination with tarot cards. It all started when I was little and a saw an episode of the simpsons where lisa goes and sees a gypsy. (I was about 4 when this episode happened my mind is foggy) but I remember that I got curious and asked my friends about gypsies a lot, I tried looking up books ect and thats when I found tarot. I didn't get a chance to play with cards being that I was from a very mormon household so buying a deck was taboo. But I read, and read. I'd have people often do readings on me, each one giving me the truth to my life and answers to my questions in numerous ways.

I remember once when I was 15 a friend of mine in England did a long distance reading, he told me I would fall in love, I would birth a child, and my love would leave me. He told me he got a sense that it would happen over the next few years. Oh how he was right haha.

Now I have my own deck. I read myself often but don't want to read anyone else yet till I'm more practised. I am a firm believer that tarot is the best tool for myself. Each person has a differant type that calls to them, mine is tarot.

Re: What have you learned using tarot?

I love tarot too. I've tried other things, like runes. it didn't work as well. I especially like 5 card spreads, or 2 card simplistic spreads for "what's gonna happen today" fortunes.

the two biggest ones that I can remember off the top of my head was that I predicted that I wouldn't get into my top university, but would get into my second choice. that did end up happening, thankfully for the best, since my first choice was in Quebec. my first year would have been the year of the student riots had I gotten in. so glad that didn't happen.
    the second was that my friend was being cheated on. unfortunately, that was true too

Comment

Those student riots were horrid. I'm glad you were not involved in them! But atleas they werent as bad as the vancouver riot in regards to the hockey game...oh canada....our home and native land..

Comment

Tarot is the only divinatory tool that have worked for me, everything else have been a complete bust. Particularly runes.

I was over 30 before I started doing tarot readings, and a good thing too, I would have freaked completely if I had been younger. I've done a number of on-line readings for people I knew little to nothing about and the level of accuracy I got is quite frankly mindboggling.
        And speaking of on-line readings. When I do them I usually request a bit of personal information from the one I read for - since I don't have the person to hand to answer any questions during the reading - and I were, and am, quite amazed at how much people were willing to tell a perfect stranger because most of these people didn't know me from Adam. I did promise to keep things confidential, and I have always kept that, but since they didn't know me they had no idea of whether or not I was an honest person who intended to keep my word.
        Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

I did tarot in high school and stopped until this year. I was trying runes but I found they are ok for spell work but I can't read them. I have started doing "god" readings. Asking specific gods for insight and doing three card spread. It's been interesting.

Comment

When I do my readings online, or in person, I just make sure to point out my code of ethics that I follow. It's based of of the ATA's (American Tarot Association) code, plus a few more things that I've felt were necessary to add on a personal level.

I've been reading tarot for about 6-7 years now myself and every time I pick my deck back up I learn something new even still.
            Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
            Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sondst View Post
              Those student riots were horrid. I'm glad you were not involved in them! But atleas they werent as bad as the vancouver riot in regards to the hockey game...oh canada....our home and native land..
              Thank you. Yeah, those were awful

Comment

I don't read cards too much anymore. I got tired to people fighting with me about what the cards said. In the long run, they are very often correct, but sadly people don't always want to hear it. When I read for myself, I try to focus on stuff I can deal with internally, because otherwise my mood tends to overly effect what I see symbolically in the cards and hence they tend to be quite skewed, though usually towards what I fear than what I desire.

I have always had a fantasy of making my own deck, but that's such an enormous undertaking....

Comment

Originally posted by Rowanwood View Post
                  I have always had a fantasy of making my own deck, but that's such an enormous undertaking....
                  Ha, tell me about it. I'm working on one myself and it's taking forever and a day
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Yorin View Post
                    Ha, tell me about it. I'm working on one myself and it's taking forever and a day
                    I did a couple cards for a Bioware fans tarot, but even with dozens of people working on it, they never even got finished with the Major Arcana.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorin View Post
                      When I do my readings online, or in person, I just make sure to point out my code of ethics that I follow. It's based of of the ATA's (American Tarot Association) code, plus a few more things that I've felt were necessary to add on a personal level.

I've been reading tarot for about 6-7 years now myself and every time I pick my deck back up I learn something new even still.

Sounds very much like the disclaimer I usually give, only yours is more neatly done up and easier to read. Would you mind if I borrowed and adapted yours?
                      Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

Originally posted by Rowanwood View Post
                        I did a couple cards for a Bioware fans tarot, but even with dozens of people working on it, they never even got finished with the Major Arcana.
                        Ouch, sounds about where I'm at right now between work and the few commissions I've been getting lately for tarot boxes

Originally posted by MoonRaven View Post
                        Sounds very much like the disclaimer I usually give, only yours is more neatly done up and easier to read. Would you mind if I borrowed and adapted yours?
                        Nah, I don't mind.
                        sigpic

Comment

The value of brutal self-honesty.
                          "The doer alone learneth." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Working...
                          X