Odinism guidance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odinism guidance

Hello. I apologize in advance if this has already been discussed. I'm interested in learning more about Odinism as I find it very agreeable with my own views. My question is, if there was one book that one should read to learn the most about Odinism, what book would that be? Thanks in advance for your replies and if this has been previously discussed, please post a link and close this thread. I hope all of those who celebrate have a very nice Thanksgiving. :=):

Re: Odinism guidance

Teutonic Religion by Kveldulf Gundarrson, or maybe Our Troth.
    I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and CountryTribe of my Tribe
    Clan of my Clan
    Kin of my Kin
    Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
    And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

Thanks for the recommendation. I ordered Gundarrson's book along with a copy of the Prose Edda and bought the digital Poetic.

Comment

Starting with the Edda's (or any religion's lore) isn't always the best route to take. It can sometimes warp your perception if you aren't well versed in the religion's actual practice and worldview. For example, a lot of people who start with lore tend to gravitate towards fundamentalism. They set up a complex in their mind that prevents them from viewing or understanding the Gods outside of Their stories. With that said I'd find a couple of Heathens and chat em up until you feel comfortable with the worldview or just read the Edda's with a very critical eye.

Comment

I've had a similar concern but seeing as I'm taking a more scholarly approach to learning this religion well before any actual practice begins, I plan on becoming well versed before I make any major decisions concerning my own religious views. Thank you for your response and insight, sir.

Comment

Working...
          X