half demon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

half demon

This is probably just a stupid question brought on by anime. But is there any way to become half demon?

Re: half demon

No. Stop it.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

sorry. way to much anime and too little sleep tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by axbancroft View Post
        sorry. way to much anime and too little sleep tonight.
        When I read too much X-Men, I'm sure I'm half cat. So it's understandable.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
          When I read too much X-Men, I'm sure I'm half cat. So it's understandable.
          Which half? A tail would be awesome, but then think about how much effort you'd have to put into shaving your legs :O

Comment

Originally posted by Aeran View Post
            Which half? A tail would be awesome, but then think about how much effort you'd have to put into shaving your legs :O
            It's winter. I'm already half fawn with my hair!

Comment

I was going to make a crack about whether that makes you 1/4 goat, then I realized Fawn as in Bambi, not Faun as in Mr Tumnus :|

On another note, Fawns are fucking adorable:

Comment

OMGs! Life-size fawns up in here! ;D

I think the only way you can be half-demon is if one of your parents was a demon. I'm pretty sure I'm all human, but my mother-in-law gives me doubts about my husband.

(ba-DUM-da, thank you, thank you, I'm here all week, be sure to try the buffet!)
                The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

There was a member on this very forum who truly believed he was half angel and half incubus *through his mother's side I think. He stalked me and said we would be married. He creeped the very crap out of me and sent me really disturbing 'love' e-mails demanding I call him back on his phone etc. I had to get a member here to chase him away. Which he then also lashed out at. So the whole demon thing makes me think bad bad thoughts about the human brain.

Comment

^^^ Yikes! I guess this was before my time.
                    sigpic
                    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I'm thinking that half-demons require 3 separate things to be true.

1) Demons exist.
                      2) Demons and humans are sexually compatible.
                      3) Demons and humans are genetically compatible.

If any one of the three is false, the whole premise of "half-demon" is false.

Assuming that we take #1 as a true:
                      Most living things are not sexually compatible with each other. A human cannot have sexual intercourse with a slug, or a mosquito, or starfish, or a bacterium, or a virus, or 99% of everything else on the planet (probably MUCH higher percentage than that, since there are more SPECIES of insects than there are individuals of every other type of life on Earth... and then there are the bacteria...). There are a lot of things that a human CAN have sex with, but a WHOLE lot more that a human can't have sex it.

Within that small set of living things that a human CAN have sex with (mostly mammals), there are no known living things that a human can have offspring with... much less viable offspring. Horses and donkeys are related closely enough that they can have sterile offspring. Dogs and wolves are related closely enough that they can have virile offspring. Humans have no such close relative, known to science.

#2 makes the existence of "half demons" pretty unlikely. #3 makes their existence, if true, a biological breakthrough. #1, however, is the kicker... do demons exist? And if so, #2 and #3 need to be asked/answered.

I'm inclined to bet that the answer to all 3 questions is, "no."
                      "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

Originally posted by ThorsSon View Post
                        1) Demons exist.
                        2) Demons and humans are sexually compatible.
                        3) Demons and humans are genetically compatible.
                        I rather like ThorsSon's breakdown. However I'd add "demons can assume corporeal forms" to the list since many people who do think they exist think they are purely spirit. Then there are gods who shacked up with humans and we have the demigods of myths. Since gods and demons are not terribly different to me, I'd be willing to entertain a thought. Though, it is my personal belief that accounts of demigods in myths are exaggerated, if they exist at all, and that deities rarely take physical forms. So I'd say highly highly unlikely. It's also worth noting that demigods usually have some insane physical features like supernatural beauty or extra limbs or just plain bizarre anatomy. Likewise with the Nephilim from Abrahamic traditions who were giants.
                        Circe

Comment

Demons like many entities from my knowledge usually travel on the astral plane. Although I think it very unlikly that physically you could breed with a demon or any other negative entity. But combining spiritual energy...well...perhaps...its very likley.

But no...no one can be inuyasha.

Comment

Originally posted by Sondst View Post
                            But no...no one can be inuyasha.
                            Except for Lady Gaga:

The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

I don't think spirits or devils interbreed with humans nor do I believe they can become half of either. If you humans were meant to be either they already would be. Though I do believe humans can become ascendant souls like Buddhas or Saints. If you some how manage to do this then I'll be amazed but I have never heard of any spell or rite in any religion designed to make someone half devil. To do that you would have to change the very fabric of your soul. That is something perhaps only a Deity can do.(I use the term devil instead of demon because demon originally just meant spirit.)

Comment

Working...
                              X