Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

onine minefield alert..be careful what you click to.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

onine minefield alert..be careful what you click to.

This just seems so counter productive on a websites part. follow the link,and read before you click anything online.

http://www.businessinsider.com/onlin...review-2013-11

Opinions on the matter??
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Re: onine minefield alert..be careful what you click to.

I'm already extremely vigilant when I shop online. Only online versions of actual stores, or the official stores of record labels pretty much. But in terms of this, I have to say that's extremely counter-productive. Plus, this is the internet. People are allowed to have whatever opinion they want of things. If someone doesn't want to get negative reviews, either don't be terrible or stay off the internet.

Comment

WTF....so you can't complain about negative experiences with a company?

I can understand if it's obviously untrue or clear defamation, but you should be allowed to complain publicly.

And I can back up the whole "be careful where you click." In August, I accidentally clicked on a banner ad on my smartphone. It was such a minor thing that I don't even remember doing it. My my cell bills got slightly higher, but not enough to set of any red flags. I have to log into Telekom's website to review my bills and usually I don't bother unless something seems off. Well, last month, something was off. The other months I made quite a few calls, so I just assumed that the slightly higher bill was due to the fact that I went over my limit. BUT in October I didn't make any calls....like, not a single one. I have unlimited texts and data, so it wasn't that. I logged in and it turns out that a third party company had been charging me 3.99 per week. I called my phone company and they said I had to cancel it with the company and take up the charges with them. I did, and this company insisted that i not only clicked through the banner ad, but also that I ordered the "product" (a crappy, spammy service that gives you discounts on games, ringtones, and pictures that you can probably get for free elsewhere - basically, something I'd never even agree to have for free, let alone pay for) AND confirmed my purchase. I did none of those things, but it's my word against theirs and I have NO way of proving it. I'm out 50 Euros and they get away with stealing from me, and no one is going to do anything about it because mobile providers profit from third party services.

So, REALLY, be careful what you click on. And block all third party services from your cell service (I did).
      Last edited by DanieMarie; 03 Dec 2013, 11:08.

Comment

I hope a judge would laugh that fine off.
        I am a woman in a mans body and I hate being in the wrong body. I want out of this body. It's like a prison cell.

I used to be known as AdamKane in these parts.

Hail Satan.

Comment

I'd say always buy from reputable retailers. If you haven't heard anything about them before, read reviews and whatnot. I tend to stick with purchases from Amazon or Ebay for the most part, but occasionally I'll order direct from certain websites, like for downloadable games. But in the end if your gut tells you it's fishy, just avoid it.

Comment

online I usually buy from eBay,amazon or some pagan related places. @DanieMarie those ads are meant to be clicked on by accident it's the way they are designed . it's a form of legal trick. there was one renfaire/fantasy place I ordered some pants from. didn't come for several weeks so I asked to cancel it and refund me the money . and they did.

from the looks here it looks like the company was trying be smart and now they are trying to rectify it. hopefully this will be taken care of .
            Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons, For You Are Crunchy And Good With Kethup.

Comment

Working...
            X