New to the internet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to the internet

I recently was asked to be part of an internet radio show so my husband and my neighbor set me up on this new computer. It's not something I'm use to so let's see how this goes.

I am a pantheist who believes that her body is made of the dust of the universe and therefor all things are part of me. I am to treat the universe and all the parts that make the whole like I treat my body.

Because of my childhood I found myself drawn to the energies of chaos, but not the orderly chaos energies that I have been introduced to since I tentatively joined the pagan community. For me, order is not where life comes from, life comes from chaos. The more chaotic things are, the more powerful the all becomes. My life has been worked around this idea since I was a child. My parents are members of AIM and when I was a child I was moved from one battle to another. I find that the more things are "mixed up" or thrown into chaos, the more things changes and the power is taken away from those who con their way into it and instead it is given back to the universe for all to work with. Yes, it's a crazy way to look at things, and I have found that most people seek peace instead of chaos through their spirituality, but this is the way I am. I find that I am at my best when things are at their worst.

I thought I would just pop on here to see if I was the only chaos witch out there or if I only feel like I am.

Re: New to the internet

You like chaos? You should fit right in here then . Welcome to the madhou- erm... forum .
    Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

Welcome to the forum. I'm not familiar with AIM (well, there's about a dozen things with that acronym online, and I don't know which you mean.) I'd love to learn more. I am also a pantheist...and sometimes I enjoy a nice dose of chaos.

Comment

I'll second Rowanwood, I would like an explanation on what AIM is too.
        I just tried to Google it and I came up with the following results: an investment strategy, Australian Institute of Management, Association of Independent Music, Australian Institute of Music, and Access for Infants and Mothers. And that was just page one O.o.
        Somehow I don't the AIM you mention is either of these. So... what is it?

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

Welcome.

Comment

Thank you for your welcome. This is an interesting site. I've been checking it over when I have a minute or two. I have considered myself not mainstream religion or pagan for a little over 25 years now and while I've gone to many pagan gatherings, I've never read too much in depth on the subject.

AIM stands for American Indian Movement. Back in the day (60s, 70s, and early 80s) AIM was a household term thrown around like the words terrorist or criminal are now. It's amazing how our society's enemies change yet it always seem to has to have some hiding in the wings somewhere.

Comment

Ho! And welcome

Comment

Well, that looks like it would certainly lead to a chaotic childhood. I only know a little about the American Indian Movement, and honestly, mostly the controversial stuff. However, I know all group movements contain a mix of people, both truly dedicated and those who use the cause to further their own agenda and I'd bet AIM was no different.

Hope you enjoy it here.

Comment

Originally posted by LaneyM View Post
                  AIM stands for American Indian Movement. Back in the day (60s, 70s, and early 80s) AIM was a household term thrown around like the words terrorist or criminal are now. It's amazing how our society's enemies change yet it always seem to has to have some hiding in the wings somewhere.
                  Thanks for clarifying . Though not being from North America I doubt I would have heard of it even back then.

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRaven View Post
                    Thanks for clarifying . Though not being from North America I doubt I would have heard of it even back then.
                    Thank goodness it wasn't just a North American phenomenon back then. We had help from the British, French and Australian governments or the cause would have probably died out. But it was a long time ago and for me it is a part of my past. I just put it in when I try to explain why feel comfortable with chaos. I feel the way we are raised goes a long way into how we are as adults, even if we are trying to go against it.

I just find myself getting stir crazy when things get too calm. That's why I am a pilot, rock climber (wall rat to be precise), a cowgirl, and for fun I am an EMT with the Red Cross. I run towards the fire while everyone is running away. I feel better when I am in a chaotic situation doing my best. I broke my leg a few years ago and being laid up almost drove me crazy and I'm sure it did drive friends and family crazy. For me life is only best when everything is going to...well...while everything is a bit crazy.

That love for chaos spills over into my spiritual life as well.

Comment

Welcome to the forum!
                      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

if you like chaos..then you've come to the right place hahaha welcome aboard!!

Comment

Working...
                        X