becoming a demigod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: becoming a demigod

Some people would argue that certain celebrities and historical figures have gained that status. Not me, but some people.

Comment

I always wondered why Jesus isn't depicted as a demi god. I mean his father his God and his mother his Mary so you think he'd be half god. I figure a demi god is a product from both god and human blood or someone who attains godlike power but didn't come from the heavens.

Comment

Originally posted by Alienist View Post
        I always wondered why Jesus isn't depicted as a demi god. I mean his father his God and his mother his Mary so you think he'd be half god. I figure a demi god is a product from both god and human blood or someone who attains godlike power but didn't come from the heavens.
        If Jesus is God made flesh, then how can He only be half of Himself? That just sounds silly.

Comment

Originally posted by blue_coyote View Post
          If Jesus is God made flesh, then how can He only be half of Himself? That just sounds silly.
          Yeah but he's the Son of God and yet he's God himself which would then make him his own father and that doesn't sound strange to you?

Comment

Yeah but he's the Son of God and yet he's God himself which would then make him his own father and that doesn't sound strange to you?
            Out of the countless mythologies and beliefs available to humanity? No, not really. A Power on a mission sometimes uses weird as hell methodologies to accomplish their goals.
            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

So does every other myth. Even the ones people here believe. When you look at them closely, you see the lie.
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I don't think one can be a demi god. It's something you have to be born into. Like with Heracles. Not sure about Gilgamesh. Wasn't he 2/3 god and a demi god is supposed to be half and half right?

Comment

I've really got to do something about my eyesight. When I first saw this thread I thought it said 'Becoming deranged...'
                  www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
                    I've really got to do something about my eyesight. When I first saw this thread I thought it said 'Becoming deranged...'
                    Same thing init?
                    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

In my opinion by definition you can't become a demigod. Since its a matter of bloodlines.

That being said, in my Asatru beliefs all men and women are sons and daughters of the gods. So if that makes us all demigods I don't know. But I do in fact believe anybody can become a god or goddess, of course the deeds you must commit and the obstacles you must overcome are absolutely, well near impossible. You have to reach a certain point of near perfection in many different ways, but of course given the nature of deities there can be many imperfections. I don't know, I'm rambling.
                      White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                      sigpic
                      In Days of yore,
                      From Britain's shore
                      Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                      And planted firm Britannia's flag
                      On Canada's fair domain.
                      Here may it wave,
                      Our boast, our pride
                      And joined in love together,
                      The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
                      The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Originally posted by axbancroft View Post
                        My question is is it possible for someone to become a demigod
                        I suppose so, if you don't want to finish the job.
                        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

[deleted]

/10char
                          "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

Working...
                          X