Where to start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to start

I've been feeling like something is missing I wanna study the Wicca/Pagan faith. But don't know where to start. Can I get guidance please?

Re: Where to start

It's difficult to provide any kind of guidance when we don't know anything about you and don't know what you've tried and found to have worked or not worked for you.

I suggest reading this topic to give you a little more direction: Pagan 101

PS: We don't need a biography on you, but some information like what have you already studied and (dis)liked? What interests you about Paganism? What are you most drawn to? We won't have all the answers, but we might be able to steer you into a direction that could be helpful to you.
    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I've done Shamanism before but never considered my belief a part of Wicca or Pagan belief. I want to expand my belief to more than Shamanism. I appreciate the help.

Comment

Originally posted by darkuser View Post
        I've done Shamanism before but never considered my belief a part of Wicca or Pagan belief. I want to expand my belief to more than Shamanism. I appreciate the help.
        Are you wanting to consider Wicca or paganism now, or are you saying those are not your cup of tea? What is lacking in your shamanism practices that has you looking somewhere else? Are you seeing something that interests you and you would like to expand on it or blend it into your current practices?

Comment

I'm considering on blending the religions. I like what I've read so far in Pagan 101. I've also met a Pagan back in 08 but wasn't sure on if I should mix them.

Comment

If you've 'done shamanism' and are feeling like you lack direction then you need cultural context. And I'll go out on a limb here and assume that what you've done is core shamanism, which is notorious for lacking cultural context and being appropriative in nature. Shamanism is not a belief or religion, it's a set of practices.

Basically, I think you need to read and research. These things don't just fall into your lap out of nowhere... you have to go looking for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
              If you've 'done shamanism' and are feeling like you lack direction then you need cultural context. And I'll go out on a limb here and assume that what you've done is core shamanism, which is notorious for lacking cultural context and being appropriative in nature. Shamanism is not a belief or religion, it's a set of practices.

Basically, I think you need to read and research. These things don't just fall into your lap out of nowhere... you have to go looking for them.
              Bolded mine. So very true yet sadly so often ignored in ref to the whole paragraph content.
              I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Thanks to everyone

Comment

I started with web pages and books....then forums....people.....
                  I also stuck to the basic info first...then when I liked something in particular I researched deeper into that one specific subject.

Comment

The best starting point is either a teacher or a ton of reading.

Comment

Working...
                    X