Something I Am Thinking About

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something I Am Thinking About

I have been doing some thinking and praying and it seems like the Abrahamic God could very well exist. If he does, he is not the only God by a long shot and he was created by another God and Goddess.

This is just what I've gathered.
    I am a woman in a mans body and I hate being in the wrong body. I want out of this body. It's like a prison cell.

I used to be known as AdamKane in these parts.

Hail Satan.

Re: Something I Am Thinking About

Totally could be, if there were gods. His followers had great PR. It's a theory.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I believe in the existence of more than one God and Goddess.
      I am a woman in a mans body and I hate being in the wrong body. I want out of this body. It's like a prison cell.

Hail Satan.

Comment

I don't. But I do believe if you did, this would indeed be a plausible theory to run with. It has valid points.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

My current theory, which is sketchy at best, is that the Yahweh exists, though he's not exactly the same as depicted in the new testament. I see him as a jealous regional god, who's followers who are able to perform spiritual acts possibly get them in the same way that most wiccans use magic. My thought is that people pray, expecting Yahweh to do something but instead get something else, but that still doesn't bother Yahweh much.

Comment

Does the other God and Goddess have more power than this Abrahamic God? Do they have authority over it? Or are they all equal in power and authority?
            [4:82]

Comment

It's a great theory, but I don't think the gods are real. And if they were, why does your arbitrary god/dess create the abrahamic god? Why are they not equal but different?

Mostly art.

Comment

I see the old testament god as a pagan deity like any other, and the New Testament God as an attempt to paste the concept of the divine universal consciousness (aka brahma, aka Tao, aka The All, etc) over that original concept, and I believe in the multitude of polytheistic/pagan deities (including the original conception of YHVH) as existing as subsections of this overarching consciousness.

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
                  Does the other God and Goddess have more power than this Abrahamic God? Do they have authority over it? Or are they all equal in power and authority?
                  Yes, they have more power. They also have authority over it.

Hail Satan.

Comment

Originally posted by KahlanAmnell View Post
                    Nope. Not in a million years.

You're right about the Lord not being the only god in existence. And, yes, he is a jealous god: "I am the Lord, your God, who hath taken thee out of the land of Egypt. Thou shalt not have any other gods before me, for I am a jealous god." But, there are 0 indications of there being -anything- more powerful than the Lord.

Comment

what has led you to these conclusions? Who are these other dieties?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Aeran View Post
                      I see the old testament god as a pagan deity like any other, and the New Testament God as an attempt to paste the concept of the divine universal consciousness (aka brahma, aka Tao, aka The All, etc) over that original concept, and I believe in the multitude of polytheistic/pagan deities (including the original conception of YHVH) as existing as subsections of this overarching consciousness.
                      The Old and new Testaments are not homogenous entities, and treating them as such is a fallacy. The conception of YHWH was different amongst different Jewish writers (for example, the religion notably changes when the Deuteronomists show up), and its impossible to say with any certainty what the original conception of YHWH was. There are several prominent theories, but no one is certain, or has any way of being certain.

I'd also disagree that the NT was that sort of reaction: first off, its not that homogenous, each of the authors has their own idea about what they are doing, and they don't always line up. However, the overall modifications resemble Dualistic Zoroastrianism more than anything what with the things picked and pulled from the Saoshant myths, and the modification of the story to add a more direct antagonist.
                      hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Then it seems this Abrahamic God isn't really a god after all. If someone has granted them their powers and they pretty much have authority over it, then it's more like an entity with super powers that still has to answer to the 'real' God and Goddess.

Follow up question: So who created the God and Goddess?
                        [4:82]

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
                          Follow up question: So who created the God and Goddess?
                          I have no idea.

Originally posted by codesharp View Post
                          Nope. Not in a million years.

You're right about the Lord not being the only god in existence. And, yes, he is a jealous god: "I am the Lord, your God, who hath taken thee out of the land of Egypt. Thou shalt not have any other gods before me, for I am a jealous god." But, there are 0 indications of there being -anything- more powerful than the Lord.
                          I'm going to have to disagree with this one. The Biblical God prevailed not against Jacob in a wrestling match. He doesn't seem very powerful or smart.

Hail Satan.

Comment

I have no idea.

I'm going to have to disagree with this one. The Biblical God prevailed not against Jacob in a wrestling match. He doesn't seem very powerful or smart.
                            It was an angel actually. And not liking a god doesn't make him or her less powerful or real. I don't think gods have too much they can do here anyway. To me they do what the do for souls. The Old Testament doesn't discount other gods or their power it just says that if you are a worshipper you can't put any before him. Of course there is the story of the statue of Bast and the arc I think. But honestly if god could wipe out all the other gods I think he would most seem content with willing followers.

Comment

I have no idea.

That wasn't YHWH, that was an Angel.

- - - Updated - - -

ninja'd by Ula!
                              hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Working...
                              X