Awesome Holiday Treats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome Holiday Treats

Figured for anyone stuck making holiday cakes, pies, and cookies and whatnot that I'd put up a few recipes of some of my favorite things to make that seem to get people calling for my blood if I don't make them and bring them to functions lol.

First up, what seems to be one of everyone's favorite cookies that I make:

Double Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups (or 3 sticks) of butter, softened
    1 cup granulated sugar
    1 cup packed light brown sugar (I usually use a mix of light and dark though)
    3 eggs
    2 teaspoons vanilla
    3 1/3 cups all purpose flour
    1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
    3/4 salt
    4 cups (24 oz package) of Hershey's Semi-sweet chocolate chips (I usually use a mix of one 12 oz bag of semi sweet and one 12 oz bag of dark chocolate chips)

Step by Step:

~Preheat oven to 375F
    ~In a large mixer bowl, beat the butter, sugar, and brown sugar until creamy
    ~Add eggs and vanilla then beat til it's light and fluffy
    ~In separate bowl, stir together flower, baking soda and salt, then gradually beat it into the butter mixture
    ~Once all added, slowly add in the chocolate chips
    ~Drop in rounded teaspoonfuls onto a lightly greased cookie sheet
    ~Bake for about 8-10 minutes depending on if you like softer or crunchy cookies

Feel free to do the standard cool for a few minutes before transferring them to whatever either a wire wrack, or plate and whatnot.

Enjoy your yummy delicious cookies <3 Fair warning though, depending on how big you make the cookies, these can make upwards of like 7 dozen. It's a huge recipe, but REALLY yummy and great if you have to worry about making them for a big group for holidays and what nots.

(Now someone else post so I can add more recipes lol)
    Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
    Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
    sigpic

Re: Awesome Holiday Treats

Originally posted by Yorin View Post

(Now someone else post so I can add more recipes lol)
    I'll be happy to!!

I got this recipe from taste.com.au. I really wanted to make a Christmas Cake without having to prepare it for months. This recipe is mostly cake with just a little bit of fruit through it. Really, it's all about the Florentine topping.. which is amazing!

The Night Before Christmas Cake
    http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/4675...christmas+cake

This is one cake that look better than the picture!

Comment

We make this cake every Sabbat, its "The Sun King's Birthday Cake", as Chickadee puts it.
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

This is another favorite that I get called out for if I don't bring it to functions, and it's super easy to make cause you don't have to worry about all the weird baking crap.

Irish Cream Cheesecake with Chocolate Chip Cookie Crust

Crust Ingredients:
        4 tablespoons unsalted butter
        1 1/2 cups crushed chocolate chip cookies

Filling Ingredients:
        8 oz semi sweet dark chocolate
        8 oz milk chocolate
        1/4 cup of sugar
        1 1/2 cup cream cheese
        2 cups heavy whipping cream (lightly whipped)
        3 tablespoons Irish Cream Liquer (like Baileys or Emmets)

Optional Stuffz:
        whipped cream or strawberries for topping
        pre-made cookie crust, in case you're in a hurry

How to make:
        ~Lie bottom of an 8in pan with parchment paper and brush the sides with oil
        ~put the butter in a saucepan and heat til melted then stir in the crushed cookies
        ~press to the bottom of the cake pan and chill in the fridge for an hour

~or just buy a pre-made one and you're ready to go~

~To make the filling, put the dark and milk chocolates into the top of a double boiler and stir til melted. (or just heat slowly in a sauce pan and make sure not to burn it) then let it cool a little bit
        ~Put the sugar and cream cheese into a bowl and beat together til smooth, then fold in the cream. Next, fold in the melted chocolate into the cream cheese mix, and finally add the liqueur.
        ~Finally, spoon the mix into the cake pan and smooth out the surface and let it chill in the fridge for a few hours or until it's firm.

Odd things to point out from experience making it:

Honestly, it is a royal pain to find an 8oz bag of chocolate chips. Most I've seen come in 12 oz bags. It's OKAY to just dump the two 12 oz bags in there. It'll be a bit extra, and if you're using the premade crusts, you might wanna have two instead of just one. Other thing, don't worry if there's extra liqueur in it. It'll taste the same either way, I usually add a bit more to mine though
        Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
        Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X