Herbs for Nausea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Herbs for Nausea?

Hence drinking just a shot glass. Too much alkilinity in the body can cause the runs. My weight was about 125lbs.

Comment

My nana always ate a slice of lemon after a meal to ease stomach problems. Found out it actually works. Science!
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by blue_coyote View Post
        Hence drinking just a shot glass. Too much alkilinity in the body can cause the runs. My weight was about 125lbs.
        I'm trying really hard not to derail the thread, but this is not how digestion works, nor is it how the body actually maintains its pH levels. You can't 'acidify' or 'alkalinize' your body unless a disease-state is present that is preventing your body from doing its job (like diabetic ketoacidosis, or kidney failure). The body maintains a fairly narrow pH range as part of homeostasis, and different parts of your body maintain different levels of alkalinity & acidity (like your blood - alkaline vs your stomch - acid). The only thing you can alkalinize/acidify through diet is your urine. An ounce of aloe vera juice isn't enough to do anything to your body's systemic pH levels, but is definitely more than enough to exacerbate the runs.
        The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

a shot(1oz?) of aloe juice for my approximate weight range (125lbs) does not cause diarrhea and does help to re alkalize the stomach. It is also able to help with the intestines. I know because I asked questions before I started drinking for the betterment of my own stomach.

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
            I'm trying really hard not to derail the thread, but this is not how digestion works, nor is it how the body actually maintains its pH levels. You can't 'acidify' or 'alkalinize' your body unless a disease-state is present that is preventing your body from doing its job (like diabetic ketoacidosis, or kidney failure). The body maintains a fairly narrow pH range as part of homeostasis, and different parts of your body maintain different levels of alkalinity & acidity (like your blood - alkaline vs your stomch - acid). The only thing you can alkalinize/acidify through diet is your urine. An ounce of aloe vera juice isn't enough to do anything to your body's systemic pH levels, but is definitely more than enough to exacerbate the runs.
            a shot(1oz?) of aloe juice for my approximate weight range (125lbs) does not cause diarrhea and does help to re alkalize the stomach. It is also able to help with the intestines. I know because I asked questions before I started drinking for the betterment of my own stomach.
            ...I'm inclined to follow perz, here. I'll probably steer clear of this AV juice then, at least until the diarrhea is resolved. All I have here is your word, whereas everything I've looked up that perz said was true in many different sites.

Sorry lady, I know you were trying to help and no one is attacking you -- the suggestion just not currently applicable.
            No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Most definitely don't want to make any current problems worse. Just know the stuff works great on ulser type stomach pains and with reflux/heartburn.

Comment

Most definitely don't want to make any current problems worse. Just know the stuff works great on ulser type stomach pains and with reflux/heartburn.
                Oh, so more with the upper tract than the lower -- ok! And I know you were trying to help, love. I was unclear and that is MY bad. <3
                No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Ginger (as a tea, or candied ginger, or in food while cooking) and fennel, as mentioned. Also, if you have tummy cramping, chamomile and/or peppermint tea...but not too much chamomile, because too much can actually make you puke. And if you have the runs (or reflux, or a cough/sore throat), slippery elm (mix about a 1/2 teaspoon of the powder with some peppermint extract and honey and just hold your nose and eat it fast--its the least disgusting way to get it down--the tea is nasty, but its still like chewing on a mouth full of sweet minty sawdust).
                  Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

for nausea i recommend camomile or peppermint tea. works wonders.
                    for digestive in general (which also includes your stomach of course) i recommend ginger root and fennel.
                    which the ginger and the fennel don't have to be a tea.....you can also just cook with these things to help your tummy out. or just do both. eat it! drink it! lol as long as it is getting into your bod somehow its good!

Comment

Working...
                    X