LaVeyan Satanic Witchcraft -- A Resource Tool, NOT a discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LaVeyan Satanic Witchcraft -- A Resource Tool, NOT a discussion

I have made this thread in hopes that I may have a place to better pick Medusa's brain (or any other LaVeyan Satanists on the forum!) as to how best start my journey into experimenting with LaVeyan Satanism.

I am currently having trouble with the Clock, and I know it should not be hard but I do not understand the differences between the "time types" enough to determine which I would like to portray. My physical body is soft with broad shoulders and wide hips and very small breasts, short shapely legs, and a pleasantly generous posterior -- but I feel as if my personality is both brash and dominant as well as intelligent and cold, which causes me trouble when it comes to deciding which sides of the clock to best emulate.

The top half (9-3) tends to be more assertive while the lower half is more passive?
    The left half is more social whereas the right side is more cerebral?

I was wondering if there were easier ways to deduce a 1 from a 2, etc. I am a stickler for these things, apparently, and probably a bit of a 2 now that I think about it, haha (aren't they the smart, dominant types?) ACK. I cannot progress further in trying me bewitchments without knowing exactly what I am doing, thusly muddling my witchiness and setting me up for failure!
    No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Re: LaVeyan Satanic Witchcraft -- A Resource Tool, NOT a discussion

Put down a thorough list of your strengths and weaknesses here as if you were asked them for a dating site. I know I know. Just doooo it.

I have to go to a Christmas party, but when I get back I'll look at it and give my assessment. This can be hard when you are not a def number. Though you can be a mix of them. Also it's about what you want to be. But..you have to go within your limits. I can't be a nice sweet witchy lady full of tattoos. I have to be the rocker type. Even when I secretly like religious art and knitting!
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Weaknesses: Inconsistent, poor follow-through with plans and ideas (never finished college), aggressive and argumentative, jealous, pedantic, cynical, blunt, chronically angry, can be cruel to those I do not care for, laziness, stubborn, proud, reckless, sarcastic, cloying, secretive, mistrustful, doubtful of my talents, suspicious of others, can be duped by those I decide to love, tendency to hold grudges, do not get along with most women at ALL (though MY ladies are all treated like proper ladies), emotions get the better of me, I treat people based on how I feel about them, demanding, domineering,

Strengths: Undying loyalty to those I care about, stand up for myself, desire to be useful, affectionate, good sport, realistic, intelligent, sense of humor, I try REALLY hard to be a good person, inner strength, HONESTY, open and hungry mind, like to be silly and have fun, fairness, good judge of character, desire to constantly grow, well-rounded, confidence in my inner strength, experienced in the hard knocks of life, mental fortitude, willingness to admit when wrong and make changes, adaptable, gift of gab, predisposed to laugh and smile even sarcastically,

Honestly, I could come up with a million weaknesses and probably only this handful of strengths and yet I still manage to maintain a wide variety of friends who love me despite my grumpy bear tendencies and my blunt sarcasm.

As for my appearance, I look like a kick-ass curvy librarian in regards to style, though I usually dress more like a laid-back nerdy girl and prefer jeans and flats since I wobble like a doofus in heels and I tend to walk quickly and with an air of purpose unless I'm strolling...and I have to make myself stroll. Only one of my tattoos is visible when I have shoes on (though it is RIGHT on my forearm) but all of my piercings are facial/ear and my glasses are a large staple, as seem to be my bangs that hide one side of my forehead.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh. Duh -- Creative

- - - Updated - - -

And pomposity, insecurity,

I keep thinking of more

Comment

Also, is there another fancy shmancy PDF of The Satanic Bible? I thirst for more!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, is there another fancy shmancy PDF of The Satanic Bible? I thirst for more!

I am scouring the Church of Satan website currently. :3

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I am scouring the Church of Satan website currently. :3

Do not, under any circumstance join The Church of Satan forum. It is not a place for people with qustions. It is a place for Satanists only. I'm keeping you from crying in a corner. Trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
            http://www.thesatanicbiblefree.com/

Do not, under any circumstance join The Church of Satan forum. It is not a place for people with qustions. It is a place for Satanists only. I'm keeping you from crying in a corner. Trust me.
            Oh hell no. I don't like anyone who believes in anything so singularly -- but it would make sense to familiarize myself with more of what they're actually all about as opposed to reading one book and then diving in without reading the signs. But thanks for the heads up -- I don't like crying.

AND FANKOOOOOOOOOO! <3

Comment

Oh hell no. I don't like anyone who believes in anything so singularly -- but it would make sense to familiarize myself with more of what they're actually all about as opposed to reading one book and then diving in without reading the signs. But thanks for the heads up -- I don't like crying.

AND FANKOOOOOOOOOO! <3

This is a forum that is tolerant of non Satanists. I am a member. As is Dumuzi from a long time ago. I do not like the CoS. Most Laveyan Satanists nowadays steer clear of it. It is a bloated political mess of its former self. Many of the founding members branched off from the CoS after too many in fights over where the Church was heading. It's now mostly full of anti theists. Most true Satanists are quite content people who are not concerned about other religions, but of their own. Modern Church of Satan forum is a forum by Satanists for Satanist and how we deal with real world issues.

Comment

http://www.modernchurchofsatan.com/
                This is a forum that is tolerant of non Satanists. I am a member. As is Dumuzi from a long time ago. I do not like the CoS. Most Laveyan Satanists nowadays steer clear of it. It is a bloated political mess of its former self. Many of the founding members branched off from the CoS after too many in fights over where the Church was heading. It's now mostly full of anti theists. Most true Satanists are quite content people who are not concerned about other religions, but of their own. Modern Church of Satan forum is a forum by Satanists for Satanist and how we deal with real world issues.
                I've got so much to read now! So far on the CoS site I'm just perusing the 11 Satanic Rules for Earth (that whole part about how to treat people who annoy you in your lair is EXACTLY what I've been doing since birth and I'm in love with how practical this all sounds, and how indulgent) and whatnot. I'd be interested in joining that forum so long as I'm allowed to flex my ignorance because hey, I've got questions and I'm still searching -- and always will be. I don't ever want to be spiritually comfortable or stagnant, which is really why I enjoyed the Satanic view. It's really more a philosophy that comes with some tools and symbols, nothing to completely devote yourself to.

Thanks for all your help -- is there a place on there where I can find out more about the LaVeyan clock? That damn thing still evades me.

Comment

Hmm. Have you viewed the diagrams that are in the Satanic witch? They made a good visual of the persona of self.
                  Some links I found:
                  The Premiere social networking site for Satanists. This is IT. The place to be if you desire to mingle with other Satanists, Occultists and LHP practitioners. There is nothing like us to be found anywhere else. Created in 2010 by Zach Black ( YouTube - Zach Black & Satanic International ). SIN is the only social networking site for Satanists left standing. All the rest got crushed under the wheels of progress.

Comment

The diagram is fine but it doesn't account for weight, etc. For example, you can be an overweight Air type and not resemble at all the thin body type even though you're a cynical pessimist, or a very active 8-10. And then I start wondering, well hell, I'm obviously overweight with broad shoulders and wide hips -- classic endomorph, but I would hardly consider myself social unless I personally like them, as in, I am perfectly comfortable in most social situations I just prefer not to be around the people that are around. It is rarely fear that causes me to stay in my shell, but rather disinterest.

I feel like I'm all over the place and, like the Gemini I am, very easily a big burrito of everything I've seen, read, and experienced.

Comment

The diagram is fine but it doesn't account for weight, etc. For example, you can be an overweight Air type and not resemble at all the thin body type even though you're a cynical pessimist, or a very active 8-10. And then I start wondering, well hell, I'm obviously overweight with broad shoulders and wide hips -- classic endomorph, but I would hardly consider myself social unless I personally like them, as in, I am perfectly comfortable in most social situations I just prefer not to be around the people that are around. It is rarely fear that causes me to stay in my shell, but rather disinterest.

I feel like I'm all over the place and, like the Gemini I am, very easily a big burrito of everything I've seen, read, and experienced.
                      Then skip it. Seriously, this is not the most important thing about the philosophy of Satanism. Maybe you aren't ready to find a definitive self image just yet. Maybe just skip it and learn about the other things. It's not supposed to drive you nuts!

Comment

Then skip it. Seriously, this is not the most important thing about the philosophy of Satanism. Maybe you aren't ready to find a definitive self image just yet. Maybe just skip it and learn about the other things. It's not supposed to drive you nuts!
                        XD SKIPPED. I think it'd be a lot easier with a real life paperback book that I can flip through and reference. Reading it so linearly on PDF is awesome, but it makes going back kind of hard! Amazon, here I coooooooooooooooooooooome!

If I may ask, you say you are a 5, right? May I ask about 5s? I'm terribly interested in the clock I am just not sure of what I am.

Comment

Physically I try to portray myself as a 'classic' female. Soft, curvy, small shoulders, long hair. Because I want to command the attention of alpha males. 6 is considered a classic woman. While 3 is the Air sign area, which as a libra, I am. Intellectual, critical, thinker, not sociable (in the general sense).

As a 5 I am a strong dominant woman. Outwardly I show this. Those that get to know me, intimately, know I can be submissive, domestic, caring.

You are in your 20s. Most women don't know what they are yet anyways. Don't sweat it.

In my early 20s I was a shy, akwardly anti social girl. I was the submissive always wanting to be liked girl. I never really gave my opinion on things. And I was the negotiator between my family. I got sick of it and wanted to change. Change to what I was holding back inside. Due to my not so great childhood, I was unable to have my own voice. It was a true matter of actual life and death to keep my mouth shut and my beliefs to myself.

I now have an uncensored way of speaking and being. Without fear or guilt. That didn't come till after my 20s.

Comment

I looked through this too and had the same experience as Bjorn. I cannot figure out where I'd fit on the wheel. Thing is, I always end up attracting two kinds of guys and they are polar opposites -- strong, conservative alphas and quiet, sensitive, artist types. Clearly different guys.

I have a huge fascination for anything personality related, but I'm totally at a loss. I think I don't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rowanwood View Post
                              I looked through this too and had the same experience as Bjorn. I cannot figure out where I'd fit on the wheel. Thing is, I always end up attracting two kinds of guys and they are polar opposites -- strong, conservative alphas and quiet, sensitive, artist types. Clearly different guys.

I have a huge fascination for anything personality related, but I'm totally at a loss. I think I don't get it.
                              Well. I didn't com to my conclusion over night either. Remember, I've been a Satanist since I was 15. And I didn't come to the Satanic Witch book until my 20s. And didn't come to be comfortable with a number on the clock till years later. Like I've said before, the Clock is not the most important thing about Satanism. You can't just boil it down to one read. Imagine me trying to figure out what kind of Pagan I think I might fit into after a day or two of reading? I'd be lost! It takes a dedicated amount of studying to get deep into LaVeyan philosophy. Anton LaVey is the founder of LaVeyan Satanism. He is not, however, Satanism in total.

If anyone could get a correct read after a quick reading or two with no background information on Satanism, I would give up the philosophy immediately!

But for Bjorn, she seemed very interested in the idea of it. I can't give the right number to her. And I can't make the learning go faster, especially if that's all you want to know. The number. It took me forever just to figure out Core self, majority self, minority(denomic) self. Don't let it stress you. I don't get Runes or any of that other stuff either.

Let's hope no one asks me to explain the "Intellectual Decompression" Chamber:=I:
                              or how to apply Enochian keys!

Comment

Working...
                              X