This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ask an Israelite Revivalist

Thank you Orecha for all the information. I am in agreement from what I have studied, that the Exodus date is of a different time and different magnitude. Maybe even place and reason. And that Asherah was representation of possibly the Tree of Life. So it sounds like this is considered less of a negative thing, or not a negative thing in your perspective?
    Something I have learned recently, regarding saying the divine names, an idea that in doing so- 'calls out' to the entity or requests its presence. Likewise with physical representations. Such as, to call out one's name is to get their attention on some level, whether that be verbally as we can hear if we are within earshot, or also possible on a another level. I am not sure if I am explaining this well. I have been reading of an older culture where this very thing is stated, and they are instructed not to verbally call out the name/names or make images, as this 'distracts' the entity from its purpose or 'work'. I think this idea carried forward we see it expressed in the use of Hashem, these are just my ideas.
    Thank you for all the great information. I love the difference in Pesach.

Comment

Originally posted by shebani View Post
      Thank you Orecha for all the information. I am in agreement from what I have studied, that the Exodus date is of a different time and different magnitude. Maybe even place and reason. And that Asherah was representation of possibly the Tree of Life. So it sounds like this is considered less of a negative thing, or not a negative thing in your perspective?
      Asherot are not negative in my tradition, so long as they are not seen as representations of Y'howeh made manifest.

Originally posted by shebani View Post
      Something I have learned recently, regarding saying the divine names, an idea that in doing so- 'calls out' to the entity or requests its presence. Likewise with physical representations. Such as, to call out one's name is to get their attention on some level, whether that be verbally as we can hear if we are within earshot, or also possible on a another level. I am not sure if I am explaining this well. I have been reading of an older culture where this very thing is stated, and they are instructed not to verbally call out the name/names or make images, as this 'distracts' the entity from its purpose or 'work'. I think this idea carried forward we see it expressed in the use of Hashem, these are just my ideas.
      I've studied a few cultures where this is definitely the case, but Orach Qad'moni tends to stress using the names of Deity when possible, since other, more euphemistic terms (like "God" or "G-D") have connotations of their own that may not reflect our feelings about Y'howeh​.
      ʼŌraḥ Qaḏəmōnī, a revival of Ancient Israelite religion -- PathOfAncients.org

Comment

Our community has a new website in the works, if any one is interested. It's a slow process, but we're hoping to have everything up and running by the end of the month. You can follow the link below in my signature.
        ʼŌraḥ Qaḏəmōnī, a revival of Ancient Israelite religion -- PathOfAncients.org

Comment

Looking forward to reading the site.

Comment

Working...
          X