X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Feeling Ignored and Unimportant

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
    Perhaps an age or area thing but every woman i've ever spoken to about dumping by text has said they only did it that way when there was no emotional or long term connection desired to begin with. Didn't matter whether they were students in the school system or adults up to their 50's they all said the same. Makes one wonder I suppose about what was there to begin with from my perspective.
    Having watched Bjorn's other comments regarding this matter over the past six months, those experiences have no bearing on this situation. Leave the issue there unless Bjorn requests further theorizing. The potential headaches of psych-analyzing with limited information in this thread will provoke my temper very quickly.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
      Now he is assuring me I'll be voted out of the house because he's with the other roommate now. I did NOTHING wrong. WTF.
      He's hurt. You just dumped him. Of course he's going to want retribution. That's how it tends to go.

It's hard to be rational, as I'm sure you know from your end too. Talk to him. Carefully. If he cares, which he surely does at least to some extent, he'd not going to dump you on the street without warning. But I would wager he's feeling pretty damaged too, no matter how he's behaving.

Comment

Perhaps an age or area thing but every woman i've ever spoken to about dumping by text has said they only did it that way when there was no emotional or long term connection desired to begin with. Didn't matter whether they were students in the school system or adults up to their 50's they all said the same. Makes one wonder I suppose about what was there to begin with from my perspective.
        Well frankly yours, mine and our perspective are really not known. She's stated here that she's pretty much losing her shit. In those words. Ever since this started. I'd say 'talking' in person would just turn into one shitfest of a mess. When you are extremely emotional you act like an emotional crazy woman. This I know from experience.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

As in, he's gotten the other roommate against me. I'm fairly certain this is going to happen but I, uh, ain't leaving until the end of the month. I fucking paid for it.

I am going to remain calm. All I did was decide that enough was enough and that I couldn't stand to be his GF one second longer so I decided to do it through text. All I said was "I'm tired of you," and then apologized for cruel words and let him know that it was over and my bed was moved upstairs. When he told me repeatedly to move out I told him that I couldn't yet and we'd have to act like adults.

I am not in the wrong here.
          No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Now he is assuring me I'll be voted out of the house because he's with the other roommate now. I did NOTHING wrong. WTF.
            Yes you did, you dumped him by text message, which is more or less universally interpreted as meaning the person doesn't care enough or respect you enough to bother doing it face to face. Of course he's going to be pissed off about it. I'm not saying that justifies kicking you out, but surely you didn't expect him to respond in a calm and rational manner to something like that.

Comment

Just hang in and try to make other arrangements to live. Even if you rent a room with some elderly couple. Just get out of there and move past all this.
              *hugs
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Aeran View Post
                Yes you did, you dumped him by text message, which is more or less universally interpreted as meaning the person doesn't care enough or respect you enough to bother doing it face to face. Of course he's going to be pissed off about it. I'm not saying that justifies kicking you out, but surely you didn't expect him to respond in a calm and rational manner to something like that.
                He told me that my mother's severely sprained knee wasn't worth his concern. He can go FUCK himself. You don't know shit.

Comment

He told me that my mother's severely sprained knee wasn't worth his concern. He can go FUCK himself. You don't know shit.
                  Have to admit that aspect is screwed up. As a boyfriend, friend or simply a companion i'd think he'd care enough about you as a person to know an injury to your mother would give you cause for concern. Thus giving him some sort of concern for her welfare as it affects / effects you. Hope she gets better.
                  I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Have to admit that aspect is screwed up. As a boyfriend, friend or simply a companion i'd think he'd care enough about you as a person to know an injury to your mother would give you cause for concern. Thus giving him some sort of concern for her welfare as it affects / effects you. Hope she gets better.
                    He told me that via text so I decided that I wouldn't be his GF for one more SECOND. You don't tell me that my mom isn't important.

Comment

He told me that via text so I decided that I wouldn't be his GF for one more SECOND. You don't tell me that my mom isn't important.
                      If you replied via text and broke up shortly after receiving that from him then I withdraw my statement previously made. That would have been more of an emotional and hurtful response than simply texting out of the blue. That out of the blue comparison was what my statement was originally defined against. Sorry I misjudged the situation on that and came to the wrong conclusion.
                      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

If you replied via text and broke up shortly after receiving that from him then I withdraw my statement previously made. That would have been more of an emotional and hurtful response than simply texting out of the blue. That out of the blue comparison was what my statement was originally defined against. Sorry I misjudged the situation on that and came to the wrong conclusion.
                        He was at work. I was at home with my mother. I let him know I'd be coming home a day early. He said 'k' and I let him know that his concern for my mother was overwhelming, which prompted him to reply with the WRONG injury and how it wasn't horrific. He didn't even pay attention. Doesn't care about anyone but himself. That was the last straw. I dumped him immediately. Text was the medium we were already using and I'm not stupid enough to think he'd answer the phone at work, so I gave it to him via text. Like I said, I would not be his GF for one goddamned mothercunting second longer.

Comment

Big hugs, Bjorn. Look to the future. Stay strong and be good to yourself.
                          And good luck!
                          www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Stay strong Bjorn and just look ahead. Make arrangements as soon as you can to move out.
                            And seriously screw him! On second thought...don't! haha you know what I mean
                            He's seriously not worth your time, I know how this is, I know what you're going through and trust me, you are going to feel muuuuch better really really soon. Just hang in there for now and ignore his crap.
                            *big hugs*
                            Also DO NOT doubt for one second that you made the wrong decision, this phase will come and go! Alone his reaction (KNOWING that you have no other place to live) of wanting to kick you out of the house and turning another person against you, should be proof enough that he is not worth regret.

Comment

ok newbie here...and male...but don't be put off

dumping the bastard sounds the best thing that you could do...have pride in what you did - no one should be treated like that......there are plenty more out there...time to be picky and find one who will treat you as you deserve

wishing you the brightest of blessings for the future

Comment

I'm sure he would've treated you like arse anyway, even if you had told him to his face. He's probably going through all kinds of shit too, but I don't particularly care right now. I just want you to be happy, and to move on with your life. Good luck hun.
                                ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                                Seen the desert and the birds
                                You cut your hair short
                                Like a shush to an insult
                                The world had been yelling
                                Since the day you were born
                                Revolting with anger
                                While it smiled like it was cute
                                That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment