This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Questions, problems, issues, etc...Post 'em here

Where is the color tag, for when you want to post in a color?
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

The color text is at the top,the large A,and I believe you have to right click and highlight to select the text to color
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

^^^ At the top of what, exactly? I don't see any large "A". I know how this works on other forums, but I've never seen those options here. Below the box where I'm now typing is a "Post Icon" selection box, and below that, "additional options", which has Attachments, Subscription, & Rate Thread. But nothing above.
        sigpic

Comment

Above in the quick reply box the large A next to the smilies thing. in the simple edit mode..

It uses the following code COLOR="#00FF00"] mode..[/COLOR with square brackets on each side.

- - - Updated - - -

Found this,it might help.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/misc.php?do=bbcode

- - - Updated - - -

Gotta go,snow is beginning...posed to be windy and blizzard type thing..

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Attaching an image that should show where it is. Fingers crossed.
            Attached Files
            We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
            It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
            Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
            -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

That's what I thought - and that's how most forums are - guess I never looked for it here until today. This is what I'm seeing:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                That's what I thought - and that's how most forums are - guess I never looked for it here until today. This is what I'm seeing:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3829[/ATTACH]
                You are missing a frack-ton of icons. I'll look into it later tonight.

- - - Updated - - -

NVM, look again. You should have them now. Also doublecheck your settings to make sure they're all accurate. Modding by phone runs the risk that I clicked the wrong check box.

As a matter of note, there's an option in general settings controlling how user friendly the reply screen is. If it's set to basic then you get no icons.
                life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Thanks! I'm certain that I never had them here. This is a different kind of forum than most others I've been involved with in the past, so I never gave it much thought - I usually only noticed Admins/Mods posting in colors, so I figured it was a special permission thing here. Then today I was gonna post in the "Would You Rather" thread that Gleb started, and realized I was missing something!
                  sigpic

Comment

Yeah, we allow color, just

1) be careful that it contrasts with both light and dark themes
                    2) try to avoid staff colors

I'm finicky about 1 because a lot of people pick colors I can't read so if you post in color and later that day all the color is gone, check whether your post says "Last edited by: MaskedOne"
                    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

Thanks! I have it now.
                      sigpic

Comment

Claps for the lady with the color text at last!!

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I feel like a real member of the forum now! LOL YAY!:bounce: (I didn't have all those smilies, either)
                          sigpic

Comment

Where exactly should be the information/introduction to a religion/faith posted?
                            "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Would it be possible to modify the gender field so that it is either optional, or there is the option to fill it in manually? I'm genderqueer, and even though I consider myself female in many respects, and prefer feminine pronouns for myself, I'd like the option to put something else there.

Comment

Originally posted by Redfaery View Post
                                Would it be possible to modify the gender field so that it is either optional, or there is the option to fill it in manually? I'm genderqueer, and even though I consider myself female in many respects, and prefer feminine pronouns for myself, I'd like the option to put something else there.
                                If I remember, modding that entry was more annoying than the admins cared to deal with so setting it to manual entry is unlikely. That said, it's already optional. Go into Settings then Edit Profile, scroll down to gender and click the drop down menu. You should have the options of a blank line, male and female. Just click the blank line and then save the changes to your profile.

Comment

Working...
                                X