This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions, problems, issues, etc...Post 'em here

Have a question that couldn't be answered in the FAQ? Is there a problem on the forum that you can't figure out? What's up?
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Re: Questions, problems, issues, etc...Post 'em here

How long does it take for your unread posts to disappear of your unread posts list? or be unhighlighted off the boards? I have to read EVERY SINGLE POST and it's driving me mad that I have probably missed a bunch with my absence... It is possible to change how long unread posts are notified for? Am I making sense? Yes I'm weird I know. Ta.
    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
    Seen the desert and the birds
    You cut your hair short
    Like a shush to an insult
    The world had been yelling
    Since the day you were born
    Revolting with anger
    While it smiled like it was cute
    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

As far as I know, they will remain "unread" until you have read them or clicked the "Mark Forums Read" link. But I'm also not sure how/where you look at your unread topics...
      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
      Sneak Attack
      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Usually I click on 'New Posts'. Just before I disappeared, I have about 5-7 pages of 'New Posts'. Now I only have 4... Which doesn't make sense. At the moment (to keep my sanity) I'm going through board by board and clicking the threads that are highlighted as unread, but if I scroll just a bit, I can see posts I've never read (either I don't recognise them, or their dates are after I disappeared) that are not highlighted, but I can't be bothered going through and just checking based on dates. I'm already mad enough as it is.

RIP

You cut your hair short
        Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
          Usually I click on 'New Posts'. Just before I disappeared, I have about 5-7 pages of 'New Posts'. Now I only have 4... Which doesn't make sense. At the moment (to keep my sanity) I'm going through board by board and clicking the threads that are highlighted as unread, but if I scroll just a bit, I can see posts I've never read (either I don't recognise them, or their dates are after I disappeared) that are not highlighted, but I can't be bothered going through and just checking based on dates. I'm already mad enough as it is.
          Is it possible that you're seeing threads that are in the "addicts" board? Since you now have over 1000 posts, you'll probably see a few extra topics that you haven't seen before.

We've recently done some forum clean up, as well. Are other extra threads listed in catacombs, perhaps?
          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
          Sneak Attack

Comment

Haven't noticed an addicts board, or checked the catacombs... But no it's just I'll be looking at a topic that is highlighted, and was posted on say, the 17th Dec, and underneath it is a post that is not highlighted that is dated the 2nd, and I wasn't online on the 2nd so I can't have looked at it already...

RIP

You cut your hair short
            Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Is it possible to get custom PF smileys? I'm on another (VB) forum, and they have heaps of custom smileys, everything from 'Welcome to AFT' (Australian Freshwater Turtles) to 'Have you read the CARE GUIDE yet?' and so many turtle smileys. How could we get fun stuff like that?

RIP

You cut your hair short
              Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                Is it possible to get custom PF smileys? I'm on another (VB) forum, and they have heaps of custom smileys, everything from 'Welcome to AFT' (Australian Freshwater Turtles) to 'Have you read the CARE GUIDE yet?' and so many turtle smileys. How could we get fun stuff like that?
                If you can link me to a site that has smileys, that would be an awesome start. I got a few custom ones from deviantart before but I haven't really gone looking for more since then. If you saw some that you think we could use, link me
                Sneak Attack

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                  If you can link me to a site that has smileys, that would be an awesome start. I got a few custom ones from deviantart before but I haven't really gone looking for more since then. If you saw some that you think we could use, link me
                  AFT has HEAPS. Like bajillions. How do they work? Is it just a teeny picture? How could we create custom PF ones? I could try and screenshot the AFT ones, but I'm not sure how useful that is to you.

RIP

You cut your hair short
                  Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

If and when I ever get my forum db backups and files, I'll have a serious shit-ton of them to sort thru. I have all our old ones from the previous incarnations of PF, as well as quite a few extras.

Just that they're on a hard drive that is not in my possession, at this time.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                      If and when I ever get my forum db backups and files, I'll have a serious shit-ton of them to sort thru. I have all our old ones from the previous incarnations of PF, as well as quite a few extras.

Just that they're on a hard drive that is not in my possession, at this time.
                      Whenever you get around to it

RIP

You cut your hair short
                      Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

I have not been getting notifications when something is added to threads
                        that I am subscribed to even though I have it set to instant e-mail

Comment

Provided that
                          1) your e-mail account is spelled right in our system
                          2) it isn't receiving e-mail and dropping em in the spam folder for deletion

your account looks to be set up correctly but admins see more than I can and have greater ability to make changes so thins'll have to wait till one of them logs in to review your account.
                          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

my e-mail address seems to be right but the notifications do not even show up in my spam folder
                            and I do check spam folder

Comment

Hello,

I have a question about posting links/images in a post.
                              I searched the FAQ and I tried following the steps without luck.
                              If I want to add an album or post a picture/link in my posts (the page gives this error: you are not allowed to post links in your posts or your acount might not have been activated by an admin)
                              Do I have to contact an admin in order to post pictures?? xD

(I'm sorry if this question was asked before, my first time on a forum)

Comment

Working...
                              X