X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Questions, problems, issues, etc...Post 'em here

Originally posted by Ahiram Hasdruba'al View Post
    The following errors occurred with your submission

1. An error has occurred Ahiram Hasdruba'al! You are not allowed to post links.

Ahiram Hasdruba'al, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation

This is an error i constantly get while I'm trying to post URLs and Images
    Second message was while I was trying to access the Gallery >> Add album / My albums

I'm and old member on the forums, but I am newly active on it, I'm trying to share my work with others, but this message and other error messages keep holding me back from doing anything.

Please, I ask for some assistance from moderators/admins, thank you.

Post more. You're classified as a newbie till you have 15 non-game, non-intro posts. Newbies can't post links and tend to have limits on photos. Shortly after you have 15 posts (I don't know how often the server checks but it should be within an hour), you'll have expanded privileges.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

i registered last year, but now started posting

Comment

Originally posted by Ahiram Hasdruba'al View Post
        i registered last year, but now started posting
        A. You're join month and year is listed right under your avatar. That user account was created 5 months ago in May of 2015. Exxagerating your time with us will not get me to bypass forum rules for you.

B. Newbie status is based on post count. You could have joined 5 years ago and your account would still be listed as a newbie until you have 15 non-game, non-intro posts.

C. While I certainly have the ability to modify your usergroup manually, I have neither the inclination to do so or to direct other staff to do so when you could simply make 5 more posts and be promoted to registered user by the same measure required of everyone else who has joined since Juni set the current rules in place. If 5 non-game, non-intro posts (a feat that most users accomplish in a half hour) is too much hardship to gain linking rights then you have no interest in the forum beyond tossing up links and I have no use for you. Meet the standard required of everyone else, make a very convincing appeal to Thal and Juni or find a forum more to your liking. I will not make an exception for you.
        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

One time when I was with Tox in chat, she set her status for away. I tried looking for the code in the chat's list but didn't find it. How do I do that?
          "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

/away sets you to away until you put in /online (least I think /online switches you back)

/afk sets you to afk till you type something new

Comment

Whoot! Thanks, MO!
              "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                Have a question that couldn't be answered in the FAQ? Is there a problem on the forum that you can't figure out? What's up?
                There's a thread to which I'd like to respond, but it's more than a month old. I don't want to annoy people but I do want to participate. Is it better to post to the old thread or post a new thread with a reference back to the old thread? Is it worse to bring up an old conversation or to spread that conversation over multiple threads? Thank you!
                With kind regards,
                Banu

Comment

Originally posted by Banu View Post

There's a thread to which I'd like to respond, but it's more than a month old. I don't want to annoy people but I do want to participate. Is it better to post to the old thread or post a new thread with a reference back to the old thread? Is it worse to bring up an old conversation or to spread that conversation over multiple threads? Thank you!
                  Pm me link to the thread and I'll let you know
                  �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                  ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                  Sneak Attack
                  Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I was trying to be funny and a post failed and I got a warning for something that was clearly humour and not a swear ... are your filters set to 'nuke it with fire'? just so I know an all

Comment

Originally posted by Marradin View Post
                      I was trying to be funny and a post failed and I got a warning for something that was clearly humour and not a swear ... are your filters set to 'nuke it with fire'? just so I know an all
                      Did you get an automated warning or did a staff member actually say something? If a staff member said omething then I need to see the post that netted their attention. If the post was blocked and you got an automated warning then I need to know what the warning said since to my knowledge we don't use automated warnings for language. We do have a mod in place if you tried to respond to anything over a month old to ask if what you're saying is worth the effort of bringing back a half-dead thread but that has nothing to do with language and everything to do with how long a thread has gone without a post.

Comment

Automated warning
                        was the we are sick of editing posts for language - dated from before I joined

Comment

The hells? That notice shouldn't have anything to do with posts. I stuck it on an announcement and broadcast it across all subforums but its just an announcement, it isn't attached to anything else. It actually expires in a few days anyway. I have a force read attached to the site rules thread that won't allow you to do anything till you've read them but that is also independent of posts. It triggers against everyone. Neither of these should have prevented you from making a post.

EDIT:

Anyway, I'm going to sleep. Attempt the post again. If you get a warning then take a screen shot and upload it to the site so an admin can look at it. I have a decent amount of time in the next 24 hours to investigate but not till after I crash for a few hours.
                          Last edited by MaskedOne; 19 Nov 2015, 01:27.

Comment

It seems to be triggering every 10 or so threads I read then

- - - Updated - - -

and
                            if I try to post when it triggers I lose what I tried to post. I've been watching my post carefully for language since it hit me the first time and I lost a 5 paragraph post. I thought it must have been triggered

Comment

I see it like once or twice a day too... but it hasn't stopped me from posting.
                              You remind me of the babe
                              What babe?
                              The babe with the power
                              What power?
                              The Power of voodoo
                              Who do?
                              You do!
                              Do what?
                              Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

I'm on win 10 if that could affect anything

Comment

Working...
                                X