Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 329

Thread: Questions, problems, issues, etc...Post 'em here

  1. #311
    Silver Member Bartmanhomer's Avatar
    Reputation
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,286
    Religion
    Christian
    Location
    New York, NY USA

    Re: Questions, problems, issues, etc...Post 'em here

    I got a question. How can I add other members reputation?

  2. #312
    PF Ordo Hereticus MaskedOne's Avatar
    Reputation
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    7,911
    Religion
    Jedi
    Location
    elsewhere
    Phrase
    The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force.

    Re: Questions, problems, issues, etc...Post 'em here

    Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    I got a question. How can I add other members reputation?
    This is a little old but it's largely still accurate

    http://www.paganforum.com/showthread...does-this-work

    Be aware that while you can leave comments for people via reputation, you won't be able to actually alter anyone's reputation score until your's is over 50.
    Last edited by MaskedOne; 24 Jun 2018 at 05:28.
    "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
    ―Thon

    "When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

    Yoda

    Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

    Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

    "But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

    John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

    "You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

    Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis



  3. #313
    Silver Member Bartmanhomer's Avatar
    Reputation
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,286
    Religion
    Christian
    Location
    New York, NY USA

    Re: Questions, problems, issues, etc...Post 'em here

    Are cults welcome in this forum?

  4. #314
    PF Ordo Hereticus MaskedOne's Avatar
    Reputation
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    7,911
    Religion
    Jedi
    Location
    elsewhere
    Phrase
    The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force.

    Re: Questions, problems, issues, etc...Post 'em here

    Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    Are cults welcome in this forum?
    People are welcome as long as they

    A. Abide by forum rules.
    B. Don't convince Juni and Thal that they are so detrimental to the forum and its membership as to warrant permaban

    A cult member who meets the above criteria will not be banned on sight. A cult member who fails to meet the above criteria will be ejected from the forum.
    "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
    ―Thon

    "When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

    Yoda

    Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

    Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

    "But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

    John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

    "You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

    Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis



  5. #315

    Re: Questions, problems, issues, etc...Post 'em here

    Hey, I’m totally new to this forum. I have a question pertaining to one of the rules posted. It says you can't post about anything illegal, which, trust me, I absolutely understand. However, recently, most of my experiences and ventures into the spiritual side has happened with the aid of weed. In MY state, Washington, it is completely legal—I could walk over to my neighborhood pot shop right now and get some (I am of age.) My question is, can I post about this if it’s legal in my state? Or do I have to omit the fact that I smoked when talking about my experiences because it's not legal in a federal sense? I really want to discuss everything that I’ve learned. Thank you

  6. #316
    PF Ordo Hereticus MaskedOne's Avatar
    Reputation
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    7,911
    Religion
    Jedi
    Location
    elsewhere
    Phrase
    The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force.

    Re: Questions, problems, issues, etc...Post 'em here

    Quote Originally Posted by Skyhon View Post
    Hey, I’m totally new to this forum. I have a question pertaining to one of the rules posted. It says you can't post about anything illegal, which, trust me, I absolutely understand. However, recently, most of my experiences and ventures into the spiritual side has happened with the aid of weed. In MY state, Washington, it is completely legal—I could walk over to my neighborhood pot shop right now and get some (I am of age.) My question is, can I post about this if it’s legal in my state? Or do I have to omit the fact that I smoked when talking about my experiences because it's not legal in a federal sense? I really want to discuss everything that I’ve learned. Thank you
    Welcome to PF.

    I'm gonna toss this query to Juni and Thal as I'm not aware of what I'd consider a binding precedent one way or another. With luck, one of us should get back to you before too long.
    "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
    ―Thon

    "When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

    Yoda

    Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

    Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

    "But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

    John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

    "You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

    Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis



  7. #317
    Live and learn anunitu's Avatar
    Reputation
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    11,088
    Religion
    stregheria

    Re: Questions, problems, issues, etc...Post 'em here

    if one remembers when the courts decided Native American religious belief used drugs as a sacrament was legal for them.

    Just my memory on the subject.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

    all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.




    http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

    my new page here,let me know what you think.


    nothing but the shadow of what was

    witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

  8. #318
    PF Ordo Hereticus MaskedOne's Avatar
    Reputation
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    7,911
    Religion
    Jedi
    Location
    elsewhere
    Phrase
    The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force.

    Re: Questions, problems, issues, etc...Post 'em here

    Quote Originally Posted by anunitu View Post
    if one remembers when the courts decided Native American religious belief used drugs as a sacrament was legal for them.

    Just my memory on the subject.
    The tribes are in many cases semi-autonomous quasi-nations enclosed within the boundaries of the United States. Law regarding them has as much to do with treaty as anything else. Either way, the only manner in which a federal court decision is liable to be massively influential here is if you find a current precedent explicitly striking down the federal ban. Marijuana regulation is a mess and that presents potential issues for PF rules. Federal court decisions making it even more complicated don't actually alter the fundamental factors in how staff are liable to rule here.
    "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
    ―Thon

    "When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

    Yoda

    Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

    Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

    "But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

    John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

    "You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

    Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis



  9. #319

    Re: Questions, problems, issues, etc...Post 'em here

    Quote Originally Posted by MaskedOne View Post
    The tribes are in many cases semi-autonomous quasi-nations enclosed within the boundaries of the United States. Law regarding them has as much to do with treaty as anything else. Either way, the only manner in which a federal court decision is liable to be massively influential here is if you find a current precedent explicitly striking down the federal ban. Marijuana regulation is a mess and that presents potential issues for PF rules. Federal court decisions making it even more complicated don't actually alter the fundamental factors in how staff are liable to rule here.
    You could argue that because it is legal for me, the one talking about it, then it is not actually breaking any laws. Since none of you all would be saying that, in your non-legal state, you are the ones partaking, because you aren't. I am in my full legal right to talk about it, just like it isn't a crime to go to Leafly and look up pot strains when you are in a state where pot itself is illegal. There’s a reason why comedians can build a whole bit around smoking something illegal and get away with it. You can speak of it, but unless someone witnesses it happening, they can’t hop up on stage and just arrest him for talking about “some time” he’s smoked pot. If he had a gram on him obviously that would be different, but only in a state where it was illegal. In my state it is 100% legal to have a gram on hand and then some. If anyone would be getting in trouble, it would be me (the one talking about it) and not you (the site mods), and even then they couldn’t charge me with anything... Idk. If it’s too much of a hassle then I just won’t post. I just really wanted to discuss what i’ve learned in my journey. But it’s understandable if you’d rather I didn’t.

  10. #320
    PF Ordo Hereticus MaskedOne's Avatar
    Reputation
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    7,911
    Religion
    Jedi
    Location
    elsewhere
    Phrase
    The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force.

    Re: Questions, problems, issues, etc...Post 'em here

    Quote Originally Posted by Skyhon View Post
    You could argue that because it is legal for me, the one talking about it, then it is not actually breaking any laws. Since none of you all would be saying that, in your non-legal state, you are the ones partaking, because you aren't. I am in my full legal right to talk about it, just like it isn't a crime to go to Leafly and look up pot strains when you are in a state where pot itself is illegal. There’s a reason why comedians can build a whole bit around smoking something illegal and get away with it. You can speak of it, but unless someone witnesses it happening, they can’t hop up on stage and just arrest him for talking about “some time” he’s smoked pot. If he had a gram on him obviously that would be different, but only in a state where it was illegal. In my state it is 100% legal to have a gram on hand and then some. If anyone would be getting in trouble, it would be me (the one talking about it) and not you (the site mods), and even then they couldn’t charge me with anything... Idk. If it’s too much of a hassle then I just won’t post. I just really wanted to discuss what i’ve learned in my journey. But it’s understandable if you’d rather I didn’t.
    As it stands, there's a pretty good idea of where we're gonna go that should provide a decent amount of freedom here but one of the owners hasn't commented yet and we're giving her a little time to state an opinion in the staff thread for this. The delay right now is less legal wrangling behind closed doors and more that one of the site owners has a pretty busy life and we want to give her a window to drop in, look at the issue and either agree with the current conscensus or point out something that's been missed.
    "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
    ―Thon

    "When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

    Yoda

    Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

    Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

    "But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

    John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

    "You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

    Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis



Similar Threads

  1. Coal problems
    By thalassa in forum Catacombs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 20 Mar 2015, 17:02
  2. Little Brother Problems
    By FantasyWitch in forum Catacombs
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01 Sep 2011, 14:50
  3. Fat Cat Issues
    By PharaohKatt in forum Catacombs
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 27 Apr 2011, 07:58

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •