Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    What activity/event makes you feel old?
    Thinking about where I am going to be during the entire day and plan my meds around it.

Listening to music and become annoyed at how loud it is. Unless it's metal. Then it's not loud enough. But if it's Dub then turn it down you dang kids!

Making sure I go to the bathroom right before I leave my house. And making sure I know where the bathrooms are when I arrive at wherever it is I'm going.

Doing double takes of my laundry because apparently I forget stuff at the laundromat.

Oh. Holding the rail down the stairs every single time.
    *mostly because I've actually slid down the stairs once like a fat mexican one woman toboggan.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Behaving as if I'm not.

THINGS that make me feel old: music videos, my pills, anyone under the age of 35, reel-to-reel music and 8-tracks, Grace Slick, Kool Aid and Tang. Not to mention the ENERGY of children - OMG, dose 'em with quaaludes, thorazine, something!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Walking. Getting up after sitting longer than a few minutes.
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

What's a popular saying that you can't stand hearing?
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

When someone always answers with the term "SWEET" That kinda is in the same place as "Ya know"
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

"Know what I'm sayin'?" - although I think that this is more of an American thing - I don't hear it much here in Oz.

Comment

"When you get older, you will remember what I tell you know." - Damn, it's irritating.
                "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I helped a little girl at work a few weeks back who touched our GoPro television screen and didn't understand why it wasn't touchscreen. I had to explain to her that once upon a time, touchscreen's didn't exist. Her question to me: "How did you LIVE?!?!" ....she was like 6.

- - - Updated - - -

YOLO, or any variant of "you only live once"

Of course you only live once - that's no excuse to destitute yourself to buy a new *insert item here*

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                    YOLO, or any variant of "you only live once"

Of course you only live once - that's no excuse to destitute yourself to buy a new *insert item here*
                    Every rules has an exception
                    Unless there are no possibilities for it...
                    Last edited by Gleb; 17 Feb 2014, 07:49.
                    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

"At the end of the day ..."

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Hearing songs on the radio that were huge when I was in middle/high school, and realizing that most kids under 18 today would probably hear those songs and say, "What the f is this s?" Smash Mouth's "All Star" came on the other night at work and I felt like I should have been using a cane. To beat people with.

"Tbh." Why do people say things like, "You're really cool and funny, to be honest"? Why do you need to reinforce your honesty when you have something positive to say?
                        Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                        -Erik Erikson

Comment

Suck it up and/or man up. Annoys the hell out of me.

Comment

Most of the above, that have already been stated by others, with the possible exception of "sweet" since I don't hear it much, at all, and occasionally say it.
                            Here's another... "I know, right?", IKR or just plain "right?".

I just can't get my head around that. It makes NO sense. Along the same lines of people using the negative, contraction version of a word to indicate a positive - 'So doesn't my sister' - I want to smack the stupid out of someone. Hard. With the business end of an aircraft carrier. Twice. Then, light their face on fire. And try putting the fire out, by stabbing it with a fork.

Just get in the van!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                              Most of the above, that have already been stated by others, with the possible exception of "sweet" since I don't hear it much, at all, and occasionally say it.
                              Here's another... "I know, right?", IKR or just plain "right?".
                              I say IKR all the time. And I'm not getting in your van or EVER STOPPING.

I don't really have one, honestly. I judge by the content of what you say, not how you get around to the point of it.
                              No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

These are a bit antiquated...

"That's so gay!"

(OK, so it's a faggot thing?)

And

"That's lame!"

( OK, so it can't walk?)
                                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Working...
                                X