Hide your brain from brain theives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hide your brain from brain theives

Be sure to keep your brain under wraps - it's worth about $100 on ebay, and there are those who will steal it:

Man tries to sell stolen brains on eBay, police say
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: Hide your brain from brain theives

At least he wasn't killing people for them...?
    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Did a new pizza place just open?
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
        Did a new pizza place just open?
        If so then someone I need to chat with someone. Brains removed in the 1890s and maintained by mortal medical science rarely make good pizza ingredients.
        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
          If so then someone I need to chat with someone. Brains removed in the 1890s and maintained by mortal medical science rarely make good pizza ingredients.
          Too many nitrates, I guess...
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I actually know someone who has legal human skulls. There's lots of red tape involved to buy them, and a weirdo window of age they have to be.

So the brains were only and issue because of ebay and stolen, not sold. That's sort of unexpected I guess, though it's not like I'll need my meat when I'm dead.

Comment

Actually, human skulls, bones, and tissue are legal to buy, sell, and own - usually imported from China (which makes me wonder, and also a bit nervous).

On the other hand, if somebody will kill you for the twenty in your pocket (and they will), they could make a few extra bucks creatively disposing of the body...

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                Actually, human skulls, bones, and tissue are legal to buy, sell, and own - usually imported from China (which makes me wonder, and also a bit nervous).

On the other hand, if somebody will kill you for the twenty in your pocket (and they will), they could make a few extra bucks creatively disposing of the body...

I've heard that...but his are from the late 1800s from a medical school.

Comment

It does violate ebay's terms and agreements so there's that. If he'd sold them somewhere that it's legal to buy human body part then maybe he wouldn't have gotten caught so fast.
                  Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
                    It does violate ebay's terms and agreements so there's that. If he'd sold them somewhere that it's legal to buy human body part then maybe he wouldn't have gotten caught so fast.
                    Yeah - it's funny that eBay claims to have that policy... If you go to eBay, and search for "human bones" you get a long list of listings. I guess they don't bother to enforce their own policy...

Comment

Typical.

/10brains

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Working...
                      X