Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Embarassing Pagan Names

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
    It was back when I was a teenager and neo-Wiccan, as we all seem to be when we're teenagers. I've been carrying this name around for like... fourteen years now. The numerology thing I read in a book, along with the concept of magickal names or pagan names. The numerology was just adding up the numbers that correspond with the letters and having it match either your birth number or a number that is significant to you. I don't put any store in that method now... I'm not generally into numerology at all. But when you're a kid and just starting out it seems like the thing to do.

Oh gods, I take back what I said before about never having a magical name.

I totally forgot about this, lol. Holy Hera with a handbag...this is too funny.

Story time...

So, once upon a time, when I was in middle school, my two best friends (S and D--S's mom was/is Wiccan) and I (by the way, if you ever mention this to me again, I will kill you all!!! ) decided that we were going to discover our magical names. Pardon me, our magickal names. We used an Oujia board to ask the dead guy in Best Friend D's chimney (for real, there was an actual dead guy from the 1800's bricked up in the false wall of her chimney, they found it during a remodel) to help us find what our magickal names should be, then we double checked them for their numerology association and whatnot. It was around the same time that we were doing natal charts. And we turned them into our own personal sigils of sort.

I'm not sure if this was before or after we sacrificed the tomato in a mock Aztec ritual, but it was definitely after our Summer of Cardboard Stonehenge. For several summers, we had our own personal Egypt Game going...

I am not even going to tell anyone what my magickal name was...not because its secret, but because it would make a really great stripper name.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Re: Spiritual / Magical Names?

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
    I am not even going to tell anyone what my magickal name was...not because its secret, but because it would make a really great stripper name.

You realize, of course, that now you absolutely HAVE to share it. Or there will be a thread devoted to coming up with stripper names that it might be.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Pardon me, our magickal names.
      Sure you don't mean majikal​?
      ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
      Seen the desert and the birds
      You cut your hair short
      Like a shush to an insult
      The world had been yelling
      Since the day you were born
      Revolting with anger
      While it smiled like it was cute
      That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Or a thread dedicated to our worst teenage neo-Wiccan names...

I have, of course, failed to mention that my very FIRST teenage neo-Wiccan magickal name was Lazurite Earthmare. Thankfully it only lasted about two weeks.

Is yours as bad as that, Thal?

Comment

Re: Member Ranks

And, by the way, my magickal stripper name was Scarlette Blackthorne

lol, I went ahead and put it in the other thread...
          Last edited by thalassa; 03 Jan 2014, 19:47.
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

Or a thread dedicated to our worst teenage neo-Wiccan names...

I have, of course, failed to mention that my very FIRST teenage neo-Wiccan magickal name was Lazurite Earthmare. Thankfully it only lasted about two weeks.

Is yours as bad as that, Thal?
            Scarlette Blackthorne
            sigpic

Comment

I came across a 'spell' that my friend and I either wrote or copied from somewhere. Our pagan names were HORRIBLE. I think mine was something like Orange Autumn? or Orange August? I think her's was (only slightly) more reasonable that than, and stuck around longer. I don't even know where mine came from.... I'd forgotten about it till I found that piece of paper. I came into Heka whenever it was that Spellcraft magazine started being published. One of their articles mentioned Heka more than once, which I took as one of my 'signs'.

RIP

You cut your hair short
              Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Scarlette Blackthorne
                Ahh... I'm afraid I win lol.

Though yours is a much better stripper name lol.

Comment

Nah, Scarlette Blackthorne would be a name for a Victorian-era heroine... probably Irish... and a ginger...
                  I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and CountryTribe of my Tribe
                  Clan of my Clan
                  Kin of my Kin
                  Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
                  And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

My first thought was more, "so Thal's a GI JOE fan?" but the spelling is off and I was ignoring the last name.
                    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Scarlette Blackthorne
                      Hot.

/10char

- - - Updated - - -

Ahh... I'm afraid I win lol.

Though yours is a much better stripper name lol.
                      And spill!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                      Nah, Scarlette Blackthorne would be a name for a Victorian-era heroine... probably Irish... and a ginger...
                      Or an Irish ginger stripper?

RIP

You cut your hair short
                      Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                        And spill!
                        Already did... you must have missed it. lol

Comment

Already did... you must have missed it. lol
                          Found it!

(This thread moves so fast)

(but I like it, this is not the norm for us Aussies!)

RIP

You cut your hair short
                          Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

See, this is why I'm glad I didn't find the paganism until I was in my twenties.

Then again, there was no internet until then.

(I found a stash of photos internet boys sent me back in the day, trying to seduce me or something. Because you know, scanners were expensive and it was hard to find the bandwidth for photos. I am now going to get my cane and go to bed.)

Comment

Originally posted by Rowanwood View Post
                              See, this is why I'm glad I didn't find the paganism until I was in my twenties.

Then again, there was no internet until then.

I haven't read it in a while (loaned out my copy years ago and never got it back), so I could be wrong, but I believe we got this idea from Uncle Bucky's Big Blue Book (oh gods, I could get it on my kindle for $12!! totally old school memories!!). I do know that we had to check out the public library's books on numerology because we didn't have enough babysitting money to buy one at Waldenbooks.

I'm totally dating myself here.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X