This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Design Released for Proposed Satanist Statue at OK Capitol

Right next to the Ten Commandments monument... why can't they understand all or none?

I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country
    Tribe of my Tribe
    Clan of my Clan
    Kin of my Kin
    Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
    And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Re: Design Released for Proposed Satanist Statue at OK Capitol

I agree, all or none. Then PETA and everyone else can have theirs. You can't say yes to the 10 commandments, and NO to every other thing under the sun.

And if I was in the area, I'd go see it, so tourism.
    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
    Seen the desert and the birds
    You cut your hair short
    Like a shush to an insult
    The world had been yelling
    Since the day you were born
    Revolting with anger
    While it smiled like it was cute
    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

That would be an awesome statue!
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

The government does not require all or none. If it is privately funded, it can be whomever bucks up the cash. We don't have from FROM religion, but the freedom from the government impeding our right to worship. Showing the 10 Commandments doesn't prevent me from being a pagan.

But if the Satanists buck up the cash, go for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rowanwood View Post
          The government does not require all or none. If it is privately funded, it can be whomever bucks up the cash. We don't have from FROM religion, but the freedom from the government impeding our right to worship. Showing the 10 Commandments doesn't prevent me from being a pagan.

But if the Satanists buck up the cash, go for it.
          Is stategrounds private though? It's on the foot of the capital.

Comment

No, the state capitol grounds are public property.
            I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country
            Tribe of my Tribe
            Clan of my Clan
            Kin of my Kin
            Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
            And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

Let the goatheads commence!

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                No, the state capitol grounds are public property.
                Yep, public property, but that doesn't mean religious symbols are not allowed. The law would just be funny if public funds were used to pay for said symbol. Those 10 Commandments are always via donations.

- - - Updated - - -

Let me just add, that as a sort of almost pagan, I will fight to death for the rights of Christians. Just because there are more of them, doesn't make their right to share their faith any less worthy than mine.

Comment

I still think they should just take down the commandments and not allow anything there but I do admit that statue is sweet. I can imagine it being vandalized pretty fast though.
                  Circe

Comment

Yep, public property, but that doesn't mean religious symbols are not allowed. The law would just be funny if public funds were used to pay for said symbol. Those 10 Commandments are always via donations.

- - - Updated - - -

Let me just add, that as a sort of almost pagan, I will fight to death for the rights of Christians. Just because there are more of them, doesn't make their right to share their faith any less worthy than mine.
                    Well someone has to fight for the rest of us non Christians too.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                      Well someone has to fight for the rest of us non Christians too.
                      I'll fight for you too, as long as you aren't just fighting to tell the other religions to shut up. (even when they should.)

Comment

I'll fight for you too, as long as you aren't just fighting to tell the other religions to shut up. (even when they should.)
                        I agree. It's just that Christians(in general) in this country don't seem to understand they aren't the only religion. And sometimes you need to throw a rock at a kid that just will not play right in the sandbox. It's time to say you don't get to rule the damned thing. And if you don't knock it off, more rocks are coming for you. God. I really wish we could just throw actual rocks at people sometimes. I think it would get through them way faster then trying to reason.

Rocks. It's what's for dinner.

Comment

I agree. It's just that Christians(in general) in this country don't seem to understand they aren't the only religion. And sometimes you need to throw a rock at a kid that just will not play right in the sandbox. It's time to say you don't get to rule the damned thing. And if you don't knock it off, more rocks are coming for you. God. I really wish we could just throw actual rocks at people sometimes. I think it would get through them way faster then trying to reason.

Rocks. It's what's for dinner.
                          I feel the same way about this subject as I do about feminism. It's not that there is not progress to be made, but I don't make it by being intolerant and crappy. Kicking a dude in the nuts does not make him think I'm his equal, just that I'm a beotch.

Comment

I feel the same way about this subject as I do about feminism. It's not that there is not progress to be made, but I don't make it by being intolerant and crappy. Kicking a dude in the nuts does not make him think I'm his equal, just that I'm a beotch.
                            But. I am a bitch. This is probably why I'm a Satanist to be honest.

Comment

But. I am a bitch. This is probably why I'm a Satanist to be honest.
                              Touche.

Comment

Working...
                              X