Dragons in ritual/spell working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dragons in ritual/spell working

Anyone know of any references to the use of dragons in ritual or spell work? Long story short, the thought came me to today and was wondering if anyone knew anything off-hand. Google results not turning up very well, its quite difficult to separate all the various video and card games from the search results. Best thing Ive found so far is basically a comparison to elementals with their presence being reflected by balance in nature. Just wondering!

Re: Dragons in ritual/spell working

The only book I am aware of is Dancing with Dragons by D. J. Conway but in truth I'd not recommend it to anyone. Yet it seems to be the most cited source document / book for those who claim to work with draconic beings or energies. I know there are two editions out but both are equally fantasy in critique by most people.

There are a couple of books that I came across that are in Japanese but then they are referred to as "Tatsu's" or occasionally as "Lungs" not dragons.
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

tatsu/long is the japanese/chinese respectively pronunciation for a dragon

i'll look up that book on google, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Hoho View Post
        tatsu/long is the japanese/chinese respectively pronunciation for a dragon

i'll look up that book on google, thanks
        Oh I agree that Tatsu and Lung are Japanese and Chinese but there are many spellings and words that are used by both peoples. It's like one has to watch the toes to see where the dragon originates from, Chinese Imperial has 5 the rest typically four, Japanese typically has three though some have four, Korean's have 4 typically for instance. The story being the further away from China the more toes it has lost. Then figure the Oriental dragon is almost always water and wisdom associated with the Pearl of Knowledge / Wisdom with the exception of the Pan Lung I think it is which is associated with Earth and deep treasures. You might look up the notion of Dragon Lines which somewhat ties into the idea of Feng Shui (sp) and movement of energy and blockages for instance.

As far as the book like I said it's the most cited but most people look at it as a fantasy. The author is not the most respected author and is prone to making things up along the way. I read it some years ago so can't give you specifics on it but i'd take it with a large grain of salt.

Comment

dragon lines, cool,

google search shows it to be basically ley lines on the planet, its so interesting how things are connected. thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Hoho View Post
            dragon lines, cool,

google search shows it to be basically ley lines on the planet, its so interesting how things are connected. thanks!
            Their similar to ley lines but different at the same time. Most people i've spoken to about them seem to think of Ley Lines as they are typically found and spoken of in Great Britain, especially around Glastonbury Tor. Yet from what I discovered when I lived in Japan its so much more than that, its both natural energy pathways but also created pathways in ones home, environment and includes wind, water, earth flows, etc. About the closest you could compare them to Ley Lines was the older notion that Ley Lines also held elemental aspects such as the proposed fire lines theory. That theory being that major fires occurred along given fire pathways was the most common though I read a theory about land slides and flood along water lines.

Comment

Working...
            X