This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Kids Rant Thread

We love them, more than life itself BUT sometimes they drive us up the frikken wall.

Bitch about your kids here!

Re: The Kids Rant Thread

This is about to become my new favorite thread.

Comment

As long as we don't go all mommy war judgey judgey pants, I'm all over this. My kid is entering the "holy crap threes" so yeah.

Terrible two's my lily white.....ahem.

Comment

For my first contribution, I would like to share a sample of work by my daughter, the artist.

I would like to add that the most colorful pieces were done while I was not at home and at least those I can credit to my husband's watchful eye. Truth be told, though, I can't be upset with him about it - she's excellent about breaking crayons so she has tiny pieces to hide and color the walls with later.

Comment

Lol, Rafe, that looks like Phee's "white walls are a sin against humanity" phase. Seriously, when we moved from our townhouse in IL (after living there 2 years), we didn't get our security deposit back--she'd decorated pretty much everything she could reach. Once we figured a place to hide the crayons, markers, pens, pencils, etc, that she couldn't find, she just moved on to my make-up and nail polish. Once that was hidden, she discovered that berries make a fine paint, and the paint on her blocks rub off if you gouge them into the wall.

Sharkbait dropped the F-bomb in pre-K yesterday when he couldn't get something to work right. I had to spend 5 minutes explaining that dad had been on vacation and home for three weeks playing on the x-box while the kids were on vacation, and that is probably where he picked it up.

Originally posted by Rowanwood View Post
          As long as we don't go all mommy war judgey judgey pants, I'm all over this. My kid is entering the "holy crap threes" so yeah.

Terrible two's my lily white.....ahem.
          Yeah, the 'terrible twos' weren't bad...in our house (and from most parents I've talked to) it starts at the end of two or early in the third year and lasts about 2 years. Perhaps they really started calling that so that you knew how long it would last, not when it would start, lol.

And I agree with this being a mommy-war free zone. I think that shit is asinine.... AFAIC, if you feed, clothe, and shelter your kid and you love them and worry about what sort of human being they are going to become some day, I could really care less if you breast fed them or not.
          Last edited by thalassa; 07 Jan 2014, 13:25. Reason: double post
          “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
          ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
          ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

YES to mommy war free zone, which is why i even created this thread. We all need to vent here and there and I feel we get judged enough as it is. It's just not necessary here too!

Further more babehz is entering his terrible two phase, testing out every single button on me that he could possibly push. I have to stick him back in bed at least 10 times at night, and then again at 5 in the effing morning. He doesn't really listen anymore at all. I'm about ready to rip out my god damned hair. AND HE BEAKS EVERYTHING !!!!!!!!! and and and and -__________- fml

Comment

Being a grand parent I am not allowed to say anything bad about the grand kids...it is a sacred rule that GP's get to enjoy the kids with no backlash because like that we vanish when they act up... Besides we already did our hard time raising their parents...
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                Being a grand parent I am not allowed to say anything bad about the grand kids...it is a sacred rule that GP's get to enjoy the kids with no backlash because like that we vanish when they act up... Besides we already did our hard time raising their parents...
                Ooooohhhh the joys of grandparents. Have them over, spoil them, then give them back. lmao

Comment

Originally posted by Lilium of the Valley View Post
                  Ooooohhhh the joys of grandparents. Have them over, spoil them, then give them back. lmao
                  Give them back full of Mountain Dew and chocolate. Paybacks are a bitch.
                  I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country

“Barbarianism is the natural state of mankind. Civilization is unnatural. It is the whim of circumstance. And barbarianism must ultimately triumph.” - Robert E. Howard

Tribe of my Tribe
                  Clan of my Clan
                  Kin of my Kin
                  Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
                  And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

Originally posted by Raphaeline View Post
                    For my first contribution, I would like to share a sample of work by my daughter, the artist.

I would like to add that the most colorful pieces were done while I was not at home and at least those I can credit to my husband's watchful eye. Truth be told, though, I can't be upset with him about it - she's excellent about breaking crayons so she has tiny pieces to hide and color the walls with later.
                    Why do I get the feeling there's no special dry erase paint on those walls? Oy, what kids can do!
                    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                      Why do I get the feeling there's no special dry erase paint on those walls? Oy, what kids can do!
                      This is actually a very good thing to do. If you have a kid that loves to color on the walls then either paint the actual wall with blackboard paint (chalkboard)/witeboard paint (the dry erase stuff) or you can get a huge piece of plywood, paint it and put it on the wall. Also preferably have a border around the area, in case of accidentally going off the painted area. Can act like it's a picture frame for their artwork.
                      Good men don't need rules. Today is not the day to find out why I have so many. -The Doctor

Comment

So...Daniel drew on my fresh, still wet...brand new...CANVAS...that I had just started painting on...
                        T-T whyyyyyyyyyyyyy??? whyyyyyyy cruel world?!

On a serious note, I wanted to give him to the highest bidder lmao >_>

Adult Version

Comment

Re: What are you thinking about?

Yesteday, Chickadee got in her first "big kid trouble" (as she put it)...I let her go outside to play in the common area with the other kids her age, and when I went out to have her come in, she wasn't there because she had decided to go to another friend's house. Now, normally, this would be okay (since I know where all these kids live, etc), but she forgot to come and ask for permission (and yes, I'm pretty sure she actually forgot, since normally she's good about it). So, after about 20 minutes of yelling for her, and knocking on doors (Sharkbait was napping), and even asking the *seriously up to no good* group of roving older kids (they hadn't seen her, but helped look for her and promised they would send her home if they saw her)...the older sister of one of her little friends comes back from walking the dog and says "oh, she's at our house".

By the time I was done giving "the lecture" (you know..."I was worried sick, you could have been lost or stolen or fallen into the creek dead! I was almost ready to call the police"), the poor kid crying. It was really sad...aside from that "oh crap" sinking feeling, I was pretty sure that she was okay and at a friend's...and she was utterly heartbroken. Not that she had to come inside and couldn't go back out to play (although that was disapointing)...she was crushed about the idea that "I might be sad and worried thinking that something bad had happened to her."

So then I felt like I kicked a puppy. But you know what, she deserved it. AND, I hope she remembers feeling like crap--its worth it if she doesn't do it again. And if she doesn't, she won't play for the week.
                          “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
                          ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
                          ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                          sigpic

Comment

In my entire life, I think Mom spanked me twice (Dad, never). Both times it was for that offense.

And it was because she was so scared that she freaked out...
                            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I am NOT looking forward to that.

Comment

Working...
                              X