"Mother sets fire to her daughter's gloating rapist"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Mother sets fire to her daughter's gloating rapist"

I can't give this story justice by summarizing it, but the article is here.

This man is evil, in all honesty. To rape someone by itself is an ineffable crime, then to go to the mother and ask "How's your daughter?"
    I would've reacted in the same way.

Re: "Mother sets fire to her daughter's gloating rapist"

To be honest with myself, I would have reacted the same way as well. There is no way I could have held myself back.

The man was evil. Definitely.... *shudders*
    hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

He was released on a 3 day pass. What the actual fudgery is this shittery?
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Hmm... the byline on this story is dated 2005...
        I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country

“Barbarianism is the natural state of mankind. Civilization is unnatural. It is the whim of circumstance. And barbarianism must ultimately triumph.” - Robert E. Howard

Tribe of my Tribe
        Clan of my Clan
        Kin of my Kin
        Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
        And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

yeah, I'd read about it before. Still, my comment above still applies....
          hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

No argument there.
            I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country

“Barbarianism is the natural state of mankind. Civilization is unnatural. It is the whim of circumstance. And barbarianism must ultimately triumph.” - Robert E. Howard

Tribe of my Tribe
            Clan of my Clan
            Kin of my Kin
            Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
            And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

The guy is an asshole, just absolute scum, but setting him on fire is entirely out of line. You cannot encourage people to take justice into their own hands, that's lunacy.

The fact of the matter is she was most likely mentally ill, because a sane and good person does not walk away from a situation, fill a cup with gas, grab a match, walk back, find their target, pour gas on them, and then throw the match.

That's not losing control and beating someone up, that's straight up deciding to brutally murder someone.
              Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Shrug, temporary insanity has at times in the past 50 years been a valid legal defense. Not sure whether it was available or used by this lady.

Past that, yes, she needs to stand trial of some kind because society cannot afford to sanction private vengeance. The cost of allowing that is higher than any possible gain by a significant margin. Doesn't mean people won't sympathize and on some level agree with her actions. I can think of significantly worse things she could've done to the man given the opportunity and I'd still sympathize with her.

I am inclined to second Medusa's question WTF was this scum doing on a three day pass?
                "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
                ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Mainly the responsibility is the system that let this guy out,this does not let off the mother,but the system must bare some of the responsibility. Like the Duce,I gotta give this a WTF for sure.
                  MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                  NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                  don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                  http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I would have set the Mothermuffer on fire too!

Comment

Nooooooooo. Not the death penalty discussion again.
                      I swear I'm Bill Murray in Groundhog's Day.
                      Day 456. Death pentalty discussion.

I just can't get into that discussion. It's a crappy stall tactic to try to NOT defend a victim of a crime. Don't eat popcorn because once or twice popcorn is burnt and taste bad. So let's never eat popcorn again.

Yes, the death penalty has its issues. This is about a rapist getting out of jail on a 3 day pass to do I don't know what. Taunting his victim's mother and getting what he deserved. Blame the state for making such a wtfuckery rule that says rapists get to spend 3 days on a rape tour I guess.
                      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Vigilantism has solved many times what the government has failed to fix. Assholes lower than low who would dare harm a thirteen year old girl like that, walking the streets on a pass. If this was my daughter it would have been far worse and no I'm not mentally ill. I have no soft spot or sympathy for people like this. At all.

Dig him up, somehow revive him, and burn him again.
                        White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                        sigpic
                        In Days of yore,
                        From Britain's shore
                        Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                        And planted firm Britannia's flag
                        On Canada's fair domain.
                        Here may it wave,
                        Our boast, our pride
                        And joined in love together,
                        The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
                        The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                          Hmm... the byline on this story is dated 2005...
                          Oh my, I had just found it! I didn't mean to cause that confusion. I still believe this story is interesting, and not many had heard of it; but still sorry about that.

Comment

Imo he shouldn't have provoked her in the first place. He got what he deserved In the end. I wouldn't have set him on fire though. Fucked him up?- yeah.
                            "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Originally posted by Doc_Holliday View Post
                              Vigilantism has solved many times what the government has failed to fix.
                              The same logic was used to justify lynching black people. Justice cannot work that way, it is absolutely barbaric. The dude down the street ran over my dog and was a complete prick about it. If I slashed his tires I'm still a criminal and rightly so, because I would have done so knowing it was a bad thing to do. To hurt him, like he hurt me.

If you want to brutally murder someone who wronged you or yours in one of the worst ways possible, I can understand that just fine, but if you do so you are still a murderer.

We have systems in place for dealing with this kind of stuff for a reason, because emotions make us stupid. If you have a problem with the system, then try to make it better. We can't have people killing others in the streets because they feel like it.
                              Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Working...
                              X