A Family in The Way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Family in The Way

I came here to dig around and find something, what that was remained unsure in my heart, and I've been rather private IRL about this to friends and family. My SO had noticed the fact I've been reading through piles of books though our Amazon account the past month now and has gave me my space, but now he has enquired about my purchases. Long story much shorter, we began discussing how Heathenism might translate with modern settings and the modern family. I was just curious if anyone would be willing to share stories, if they have them to share, about the family unit's experiences in society. Whether it be the joy you felt sharing your family customs with others or the frustrations of schools not accepting to your children's different beliefs. Other stories family related welcome as well. Or possibly the thoughts from those that observe from the outside of the family unit as well?

I apologize in advance if this is worded in a scattered manner, I've never been one to be able to organize my thoughts very well and sometimes they tend to wander all over.

Re: A Family in The Way

For this one, I'm going to refer you to the good folk at Jotun's Band Kindred, over in Kansas City:

Jotun's Bane Kindred is an Asatru or Heathen kindred in the Kansas City Area. JBK built and maintains the Temple of Our Heathen Gods resource website. We provide hundreds of free books in our on-line Temple Library. Images of the Aesir, Vanir, and other Asatru subjects can be found in our Asatru Artwork Archive. We have resources for finding other Asatruars and Heathens in your local area. Our website is always growing and improving.

Their site has a large bookstore and library, most of which is free to download. Mark Stinson, their leader, has done a lot of essays on the modern Heathen family. They may also be able to direct you to other Heathen folk near you.
    I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and CountryTribe of my Tribe
    Clan of my Clan
    Kin of my Kin
    Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
    And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

Re: A Family in The Way

Thanks, I've been through some of that site but I'll keep on digging.

Comment

Working...
      X