Whats for Dinner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whats for Dinner?

Some manner of pasta, and steamed veg. Because we got a new pot. It's huge and has another 'pot' that fits perfectly inside it, but is a strainer! and on top goes another strainer! Then the lid! So boil pasta, and steam veg AT THE SAME TIME!
    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
    Seen the desert and the birds
    You cut your hair short
    Like a shush to an insult
    The world had been yelling
    Since the day you were born
    Revolting with anger
    While it smiled like it was cute
    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

What to do with all those hard boiled eggs!

Made a mean egg korma (Indian stew) the other night. Tonight...jazzed up deviled eggs, SO many non traditional ways to season and spice them up.

Pickled eggs are a yummy change of pace too!

Some are offered to the local wildlife.

Don't need to go to the bother of making egg salad to have an egg sandwich. Just spread some mashed avocado, wasabi or mustard, a slice of tomato and some spinach on bread and lay out a sliced egg on it. yummy!

Crumbled them over a cold green salad or a warm beet, squash and quinoa salad!

bake them into meatloaf, or lentil loaf so there they are looking awesome when you slice it.

Comment

I guess a cup of tea / coffee will do. There is not very much to chew. It's 5 minutes to nine pm. Hm... what will it be? Tea, or coffee?
        This thought is a real torture... I guess tea.
        "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

We're having friends over for dinner, so - roast lamb, roast pork, baked kipfler potatoes, pumpkin mash and a couscous salad with dandelion and coriander leaves. Yum!

Comment

Maybe some potatoes for dinner. But not much. I'm not a good cook.

Comment

Smoked brisket

Comment

BBQ!!!!! mmmmmmmm

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                Some manner of pasta, and steamed veg. Because we got a new pot. It's huge and has another 'pot' that fits perfectly inside it, but is a strainer! and on top goes another strainer! Then the lid! So boil pasta, and steam veg AT THE SAME TIME!
                it sounds amazeballs!!! i MUST find one!!!

Comment

Canned soup, because I'M TIRED. :cthulhu::cthulhu::cthulhu:

Comment

A grilled tuna steak (as an appetizer), grilled grass fed beef steaks, potatoes & mushrooms & onions with butter and rosemary and lemon pepper in foil, grilled corn on the cob, and watermelon for desert.
                    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                    sigpic

Comment

Veggie stir fry

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Souls, well partial souls anyway
                        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

My dinner this evening:

gigante green olives with olive oil, white balsamic vinegar, feta cheese
                          white miso broth with egg, scallions
                          baked sweet potato (no butter or sugar)

Comment

Courtesy of the brief discussion with Denarius about chopsticks and various Asian dishes, I'm jonesing for Chinese food.

And had Corn Dogs for dinner.

Something dreadfully wrong with this picture.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Stoner pie: mozzarella sticks, tater tots, bacon on a pizza. Bring on your judgment, world, EAT MY SHORTS
                              No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

thin crust pepperpony and jalapenos pizza, green Goya olives and cherries.
                                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Working...
                                X