This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are you from quiz

The New York Times has a dialect quiz on their website that will zero in on where you grew up based on what you call various items like sneakers, soda,

Take this quick quiz to identify where you are from. Surprisingly accurate. Picked my county of Los Angeles!
    Satan is my spirit animal

Re: Where are you from quiz

It guessed Seattle and Spokane for me, so it definitely got the right state.
    Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Off on me by half a continent... I've never even been to South Carolina...
      I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country
      Tribe of my Tribe
      Clan of my Clan
      Kin of my Kin
      Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
      And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

I took this and it was right. It pegged me as Milwaukee/Madison/Minneapolis.

Comment

It got the right coastline.
          Hmm, yah that's all I'm gonna say.
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

It said mine was because of the word freeway. And I have no idea what you call that road that goes along the freeway.

Comment

Was way off on mine. It guessed Phoenix, Tuscon and Louisville, for me. Never been to Tuscon or Louisville and I've only stayed in Phoenix for one weekend in my early-mid 20s (can't remember the exact year).
              �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
              ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
              Sneak Attack
              Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                It said mine was because of the word freeway. And I have no idea what you call that road that goes along the freeway.
                It's totally a frontage road.

Comment

Access road...
                  I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country
                  Tribe of my Tribe
                  Clan of my Clan
                  Kin of my Kin
                  Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
                  And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

I thought access or service road. Only because I think of Service Rd in Las Vegas: Aka the road I take to get through traffic since I've been there enough times!

Comment

It nailed me... it guessed Lubbock/Amarillo, and I grew up about halfway between those two cities... then lived in Lubbock for about 10 years after I graduated from high school.
                      "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

Not even close!
                        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                        sigpic

Comment

Spokane here. Silly quiz, I'm Canadian!

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                            http://nj1015.com/this-quiz-will-ide...re-youre-from/

Take this quick quiz to identify where you are from. Surprisingly accurate. Picked my county of Los Angeles!
                            ironically this quiz was on ffxiah the other day, do you perchance be a closet ffxi player!?

Comment

Nope Nope. I came across it on two places. Facebook and on Leo Laporte The tech guy podcast.

Comment

Working...
                              X