X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dating people many years your senior

Originally posted by KarrinMurphy View Post
    I'm coming up on a year of dating somebody who's quite a bit older than me. Our current ages makes this a relative non-issue, aside from pressure from our families.

We're both in the mindset to be in this for the long haul, but I can't help but consider possible downsides later on in our lives, if, for example, we end up being married. Has anybody here been in a similar situation, and can you provide any advice?

For scope, my partner is 17 years older than me.
    Does that matter? I guess you need someone who truly loves you and make you happy, i know people like to judge others but then it comes to love I think you should do what you think is the best for you rather than thinking about others. Families will get used to it if in case you get married.
    No sig for you.

Comment

I don't have anything to add from personal experience, since my significant other and I got together at 18 and 21, but I'm a big fan of what Dan Savage of Savage Love has to say on the matter. He argues that anyone who is significantly older than their partner should follow the "campsite rule"; if you have the advantage in terms of experience, always do your best to leave your partner in better shape then when you found them.
      Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

I was once involved with someone where there was a 13 year difference. He was just as much a jerk as anyone else LOL Seriously, it's all up to the individuals involved.
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Working...
        X