Snow - does it happen to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Snow - does it happen to you?

We got another two feet or so yesterday! In the deepest parts its up to my waist!

Here are the icicles coming off the tree at our door. They are about 7 inches long!

Me and Gran's snowman. It looks more like a pregnant Dalek.

This is the deepest part. I tried to sculpt it into a wall but failed. This has been piled up more.

Me sitting on the waist deep stuff! Its frozen underneath!
    "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

YOU HAD SO MUCH SNOW! Jealous, our school didn't even shut and we had 3 inches in parts. Love the snowman XD

We have a dusting of frost here, a little slippy XD
      "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
      - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

Comment

[/quote]

Well right now at 3.00pm its -12. It is bloody cold! But not snowing anymore. X
          "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

Comment

No snow at all here yet. It's been feeling like it all week though.

Comment

I'm now living on what feels like a glacier. The 2 or 3ft of snow has been compacted by people walking on it and cars to about a 4 or 5 inch thick sheet of ice. Pictures later.

Comment

Snow in the forecast for tomorrow and tomorrow night, only 2-3 inches is what they're saying now, but that could change (and usually does)!! Husband wishes it was more like 2-3 feet!!
                ~~~TigerGypsy~~~

Comment

[quote author=Almost_lost link=topic=885.msg20528#msg20528 date=1291735554]
                  I'm now living on what feels like a glacier. The 2 or 3ft of snow has been compacted by people walking on it and cars to about a 4 or 5 inch thick sheet of ice. Pictures later.
                  [/quote]

Oh noes! Another ice age! :P

Mostly art.

Comment

[quote author=volcaniclastic link=topic=885.msg20948#msg20948 date=1291874379]
                    Oh noes! Another ice age! :P
                    [/quote]

:P

Comment

This is the first winter in Michigan that I can remember that has had this little snow. We haven't had enough to cover the ground, and it doesn't even stick for a day. It is just very very very very cold, and windy.
                      sigpic

Comment

derail

POST 600!!!

/derail

Comment

well, only about 2 inches on the ground today, but Saturday a big snow storm is a coming my way.

Approx. 10 inches between Sat. morning and Sat. night, maybe more!!!!

My dog is going to LOVE it!!!!!
                          ~~~TigerGypsy~~~

Comment

[quote author=FantasyWitch link=topic=885.msg21146#msg21146 date=1291930186]
                            derail

POST 600!!!

/derail
                            [/quote]

Spammer! I should drop snow down your shirt. :P

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

[/quote]

ooohhh its not been that warm where I am for a while they're saying it might creep back up to 6degreeC over the weekend.. but im going further up north for christmas :-\ hopefully the heat will follow me up ;D

Comment

Well, some snow pics from here too.. There isn't yet very much snow here - not more than 20-30 cm I'd say - but I think it'll get more like a winter as the time passes.

First snow in 13th October:

Last weekend in East Finland (I was just experimenting photographing from a moving car in the twilight, but I guess these will do as snow pics too ):

And our evening walk few days ago:

Comment

Working...
                                X