Snow - does it happen to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Snow - does it happen to you?

While I sit here, seething in jealousy, I am at least grateful that I am not in Phoenix. The desert is no place for Yuletide cheer.
    No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

[quote author=ChainLightning link=topic=885.msg21297#msg21297 date=1291966048]
      Spammer! I should drop snow down your shirt. :P
      [/quote]

That would be mean Chain!

ALSO the snow is starting to melt, just in time for another 3 days worth of snow to come at the start of the week. This is getting past fun and into annoying. X
      "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

The snow is coming!

we are getting an Alberta clipper and a Colorado low all in one messy storm.
        I have friends near London (Ontario) that received 186 cm of snow last week...you gotta love those squalls coming off the Great Lakes!
        What you see depends on what you are looking for.

Comment

More snow for Monday, Tuesday and Thursday
          "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

I want snow, but not on Thursday or Friday, i have concerts then! But Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, please snow! XD
            "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
            - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

Well after the "BIG" storm in Wisconsin, we ended up with about a foot of snow, lots of blowing wind and big drifts!

Now we have to handle the bitter cold for a couple of days, currently 10 degrees (F). Brrrrrrr...

But it's sunny outside, so from inside I can pretend its nice and warm out there.
              Although, the snow is throwing that theory alittle bit.
              ~~~TigerGypsy~~~

Comment

^ Same here in Nothern Michigan. Bunch of snow, bunch of wind, bunch of cold. I had to blow out the drive three different times, mostly because of the blowing drifts.

I got the day off work though, so it's all good.
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Well, at least there's one good thing in snow and this freezing temperature (from -15 to -25 C for days now.. > )

Comment

It doesn't snow in Tampa, but we are having a serious (for this area) cold snap. I do not envy those of you in the North.
                    Sleep, my friend, and you will see
                    That dream is my reality

Comment

[quote author=volcaniclastic link=topic=885.msg15386#msg15386 date=1290292318]
                      Haha, it's totally true - the second we get a cm of snow on the roads, everybody becomes the worst driver in history. I had a buddy call me the other night when it was JUST starting to inform me that he was doing THIRTY on the #1 because everyone had slowed right down because "oh em gee, there's snow!"
                      [/quote]

People just get retarded here when it snows. Schools shut down. Meetings get cancelled. Everybody gets excited. Like, yo, it's just snow people.

Comment

We had snow Sat I think...and are due for more tonight/tomorrow/tomorrow night, depending on which weather person you listen to...normally I'd be excited, but if it effs with my leaving Friday, I'm just going to be pissed.
                        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                        sigpic

Comment

Expecting more snow on Sunday. My boyfriends mom and brother are coming up to MI on Sunday from Miami for a few days so I hope they see snow!
                          sigpic

Comment

Ok seriously, someone send KS a cold front. >
                            No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Our cold snap hit early this year. It's been snowing just about every day for about two weeks now. So far only about an inch has stuck but it's very pretty, even on this busy road. I'm amused at all the people telling me, "I'm already ready for spring" when it isn't even winter yet, haha.
                              Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                              -Erik Erikson

Comment

[quote author=Bjorn link=topic=885.msg22536#msg22536 date=1292407506]
                                Ok seriously, someone send KS a cold front. >
                                [/quote]

KS can have Missouri's cold because I'm sick of it!

Comment

Working...
                                X