This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pagan Altars

I actually went to that set and lit a virtual candle this morning, Norse! As for high speed Internet in Valhalla, I figure they've got something going on. Maybe Munin and Hugin have figured out how to use a computer and report that to Odin as well.

Comment

I recently had to move my altar when re-organizing my apartment. I'm in the process of putting it back up. It's going to look great once I have it put back up. I'll post pictures. I lost my altar cloth, but then again, I don't think I absolutely need it.
      "All right, new rule: no evil laughter before breakfast." -my mother

Comment

Originally posted by Norse_Angel View Post
        Now that is quite cool actually, but if you accelerate too hard, do pieces fly everywhere?
        Well, I think I live in the slowest speed zone in Canada, so it's not usually an issue unless I'm on the highway, but the answer is yes haha. The seashells roll around and change positions, and the duck feathers can fly around in the car if all four windows are open and it's windy.

(our speedlimit is 45km/h in town...the rest of Canada is 50km/h in cities)

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
          I actually went to that set and lit a virtual candle this morning, Norse! As for high speed Internet in Valhalla, I figure they've got something going on. Maybe Munin and Hugin have figured out how to use a computer and report that to Odin as well.
          Gives another meaning to "hunt and peck" on the keyboard. *pictures Odin's ravens pecking on a keyboard*

Comment

Time to showcase my accidental altar on my nightstand (which is actually a chair). I had to move all my woo stuff temporarily out of sight but it became an altar:

baah.

Comment

Altar.jpg

I got my altar back up and I was able to take a (crappy) picture of it with my phone because one of my cameras is broken and the other needs batteries. I know it isn't pretty, but it's mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Seax_Blade View Post
                Just made my first altar/shrine today, just using an altoids tin. Space and conspicuousness are an issue right now, but I was told that something like a tin would work. I made it for Odin, as it is "Wodensday" (Wednesday). Unfortunately I can't make Thor's tomorrow because I'll be gone out of town. I intend to say prayers and wear my hammer (probably after saying prayers) though.

I looked up short prayers to Odin and found a couple from a list (the first 2 in the pic) that resonated with me, and the 3rd I wrote myself, with inspiration from other prayers. I would also like to expand the contents of it but for right now it should work. It made me feel good to make it and say the prayers
                What a nifty travel sized altar!

Comment

Originally posted by SleepingCompass View Post
                  What a nifty travel sized altar!
                  It fits nicely in my headphones case actually...muahahaha no one would suspect.

Comment

Well, I might not be sleeping in this room yet, but my new altar is completed.
                    Attached Files

Mostly art.

Comment

Pretty V!!!

Chickadee is making a dollhouse (dad and I are helping) and when she's done, the first thing she wants to do is make an altar for it. We've been on the hunt for tiny things...
                      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                        Pretty V!!!

Chickadee is making a dollhouse (dad and I are helping) and when she's done, the first thing she wants to do is make an altar for it. We've been on the hunt for tiny things...
                        Oh neat! I wonder if I have any tiny things to donate...

Mostly art.

Comment

IMG_20150621_194709.jpg One of my outdoor altar, when Litha was.

So many beautiful altars, love the shrine with the wolf in it and cleaver idea with a var altar.

Comment

101_3404.jpg
                            I've re-organized my altar and added some more stuff. I'm considering investing in an altar cloth. Is that necessary? I don't know, but it would look cool. Candles, shells to represent water, a feather to represent air, a geode to represent earth, and an athame to represent fire. The pentacle altar tile represents spirit. Also, my offering bowl, my book of shadows, some candles, and some incense. The cauldron represents a mixing of energies and the black round thing by my athame is for burning cone incense in.

Comment

Originally posted by Gas Mask View Post
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]4103[/ATTACH]
                              I've re-organized my altar and added some more stuff. I'm considering investing in an altar cloth. Is that necessary? I don't know, but it would look cool. Candles, shells to represent water, a feather to represent air, a geode to represent earth, and an athame to represent fire. The pentacle altar tile rethink ents spirit. Also, my offering bowl, my book of shadows, some candles, and some incense. The cauldron represents a mixing of energies and the black round thing by my athame is for burning cone incense in.
                              No I do not think you need a altar cloth, think it is more about what you feel. I tend to use them a lot, to make ghanges for sabbats and season, esbats and color magic, as you can have them with symbols and all colors and they really sets the mood I think. But an altar in my oppinion is what you feel is right for you, so if you thinknit would be cool then ho for it ☺

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
                                [quote author=Tylluan Penry link=topic=109.msg1063#msg1063 date=1286789941]
                                The first picture is of my outdoor altar. Mr Penry made it from a tree trunk from one of the trees in our garden, then incised it with a lead pentacle....

the second picture is my kitchen altar - which is set up at my dresser.
                                Oh dear....I really don't know what happened here..... I posted the pictures as attachments (under additional options) but they don't show up? Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I'll try again...
                                one at a time this time....[/QUOTE]

Mrs. P, you have your picture link in as quoting yourself, instead of as an image tag. That's what's making it look bananas.

- - - Updated - - -

Finally got around to taking pictures of (part of) my work room! Under cuts.

My big work altar:

Kwan Yin's shrine:

Apollo's shrine (which looks super cluttery in the picture. Maybe I'll put some things in the drawer):
                                Spoiler!

Saraswati's jar shrine and items:

Fortuna's jar shrine and items:

Memorial shrine for family and friends that have passed on. The "cloth" is actually two handkerchiefs that my grandma used to wear on her head at church (she was Catholic):
                                Spoiler!
                                Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Working...
                                X