Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which deities have you worshipped or what are your experiences

Banned!
    Nov 2012
    Religion
    Druidism

Which deities have you worshipped or what are your experiences

I have been interested in looking into the Celtic deities and have wondered what it is like to worship them. Ogma, Brighid and Cernunnos peak my interest but I have wondered if anyone has worshipped these deities or others and what are your experiences? What are their personalities?

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Radical Pagan
    Phrase
    Get s'more toilet paper.

Re: Which deities have you worshipped or what are your experiences

I once prayed to Brighid as the goddess of survival once, years ago, when I was having a tough time. I haven't worked with or had a close relationship with her, but she seems very easygoing. Compassionate, willing to help.

Cernunnos I have a much closer relationship with, for he is my patron god. In my mind, he is pono, the best. The best a man can be, to be specific. Strong, but sensitive, straight up with no BS. Like an ideal father, really. When I pray to him he always has a stern mien, but his eyes always reflect caring. He doesn't try to tell me what to do, he only lends his support when I need him. If I screw up he pretty much says, "Get up, learn from it, and move on."
    Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
    -Erik Erikson

Oct 2010
    Religion
    pagan ,Celtic influences.

worked with several. Cernunnos I worked with somewhat. he was very lackadaisical with me. Brighid didn't want me to work with her. I can honor her at Imbolc but that is it. Rhiannon the same as Cernunnos but a little better. The Morrigan and her aspect of Macha somewhat better. same with The Dagda and Lugh. Maeve was very disorienting. others I honor are Taliesin and Aine
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons, For You Are Crunchy And Good With Kethup.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Left-handed Path; LHP

Off topic

Venus has been good to me so far

And I'm pretty anti-theist even.

Feb 2011
    Religion
    Druid

Govannon doesn't like to get "worshiped" or "revered" in the typical way; he's a "just do it" sort of god. I see it as "Quit prayin' and get hammerin'!".

Jan 2014
    Religion
    Neo-pagan + buddhist/taoist + chaos magic
    Phrase
    believe the man who seeks to find answers, not the one who claims to have them all

I did a ritual involving cernunnos. Afterward I felt this warm glow, and imagined him in a dream. It almost felt as if he was washing me in light and I felt fuzzy and euphoric all over. I awoke the next day feeling happy, relaxed and energized. Still having a hard time explaining it, being a chaos magician and all and not prescribing to any set pantheon.

Haven't tried many other deities, but I'm curious to. I'm going to stick with the celtic pantheon at present, and then move on to norse and egyptian, if the situation calls for it. Overall, though, I find the Celtic deities a little more inviting, if that makes sense. More nature-like and healing, and not as unforgiving or harsh as some other pantheons.

Banned!
    Nov 2012
    Religion
    Druidism

Has anyone experienced working with Danu, Lugh or the Dagda? Who is the most important celtic deity as far as the pantheon goes? Or does it depend on the person?

Aug 2012
    Religion
    animist hedge witch.
    Phrase
    Even if you're only a boy, you can fight like a girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Alienist View Post
    Has anyone experienced working with Danu, Lugh or the Dagda? Who is the most important celtic deity as far as the pantheon goes? Or does it depend on the person?
    I had trouble connecting with Lugh, but Danu I could relate to and speaking with her felt very good, like the frustration or the calm in me all made perfect sense. But she directed me where I needed to go, to the diety I had been searching for, (and as it turned out was waiting for me.)

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair they all deserve a place of honor, but one or two may just stand out or be more relateable.
    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
    ~Jim Butcher

Banned!
    Nov 2012
    Religion
    Druidism

What is the greatest way to contact them? Is it through the forest, or through specific holy areas or wearing certain artifacts? I hear offerings such as writing poetry can be good. Like with Ogma, I thought of writing a poem for him in Ogham, the alphabet he made for us.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Radical Pagan
    Phrase
    Get s'more toilet paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Alienist View Post
    What is the greatest way to contact them? Is it through the forest, or through specific holy areas or wearing certain artifacts? I hear offerings such as writing poetry can be good. Like with Ogma, I thought of writing a poem for him in Ogham, the alphabet he made for us.
    A combination of what works for you and what the deity likes. Writing a poem to Ogma in his alphabet is a good example.
    Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
    -Erik Erikson