Pray for my people :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pray for my people :(

This heat wave has caused problems. I have some very close friends in a tiny town called Murray Town. The fire went through there. I was driving my usual way Adelaide to Hawker and had to turn around and take a 100km detour because of the fire. I'll try and post some of my own pics soon. It was epic.

There are other major fires in the state, home and property are gone.

It is the most horrible thing to have the radio say, after so much time listening, 'The fire has at this point, gone through Murray Town - Through or around? - Through". I knew my friends were safe but that doesn't matter. Hubby is painting their baby room for them in two weeks. We're not even sure it's still there yet.

It's also horrible to hear the CFS guy say (about another fire) "The fire has impacted on Xtown and Ytown. For people who have stayed in this area it is too late to leave."

Worst drive home last night ever. I came into the house in tears. Hubby didn't even know about it.

Pray for my people. Please.
    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
    Seen the desert and the birds
    You cut your hair short
    Like a shush to an insult
    The world had been yelling
    Since the day you were born
    Revolting with anger
    While it smiled like it was cute
    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Re: Pray for my people

Sendin' all the good juju we can muster up, darlin'...
    I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and CountryTribe of my Tribe
    Clan of my Clan
    Kin of my Kin
    Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
    And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

I pray the Gods will be kind.
      "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

That's horrible. I hope that they get it under control soon and pray for everyone's safety

Comment

Just read this, Heka. That is terrible They will be in my thoughts and prayers - and please keep us updated. I'm so sorry to hear this.

Comment

They're in our thoughts, hon.

Comment

Working...
            X