A weekly hobby challenge suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A weekly hobby challenge suggestion

Hey guys. So it's already into the new year. And all the IM GOING TO CHANGE EVERYTHING is probably out of your system. So I thought I would sneak this in about now. I want to do something different. Something new. Err...something dirt cheap. And not too time consuming. Just to say I did something different this year. Something that won't change the world. Won't change my A1C. Will just make me happy. Maybe give me a new skill. So I'm hoping you guys might like to participate.

I'm thinking of doing a weekly craft/hobby/new experience challenge. Something where you don't have to commit too much. And when you are done, you post a pic of it. Even on a potato cam cell phone. Like one week make an origami figure out of a dollar bill. Maybe another week take a pic in front of a funny sign. Or post a pic of a weird food you find at the market. Even one week we pic a food and make something with it. Something easy. Something not too time restrictive. Just to, well just to do.

I don't know how many would be interested. So I guess I'm asking, if I post a thread will you participate?
    Satan is my spirit animal

Re: A weekly hobby challenge suggestion

hey, that sounds fun!
    “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
    ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
    ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

I don't have any dollar bills, and all of our bills are plastic now.

But this is a good idea
      White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
      sigpic
      In Days of yore,
      From Britain's shore
      Wolfe the dauntless hero came
      And planted firm Britannia's flag
      On Canada's fair domain.
      Here may it wave,
      Our boast, our pride
      And joined in love together,
      The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
      The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Sounds amusing. I'd be willing to give it a shot between the other stuff I'm working on
        Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
        Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
        sigpic

Comment

Great I'll post one starting Sunday
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Working...
          X