This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evil Triumphs Once Again

I didn't know where else to post this, but the comments on gawker are always pure gold:

Evil Triumphs: Satanic Birds Attack Vatican Doves
    The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Re: Evil Triumphs Once Again

Are there any bird experts on here? Why would the birds do that? Are they going to eat the doves?
    Yep. This one had me.
    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

And here I thought seagulls only had a taste for human food... Learn something new every day.

Comment

buwahahahaha. Our dark lord is pleased. He likes white meat. Now to find some taters.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I have a pet dove. They are WAY too dumb to be just walking around.

Comment

The greatest 'evil' in this case is that people release peace doves.

That just makes me cringe.

But aside from that... does anyone else see the enormously bad omen in this whole situation? The Pope prays for peace in the Ukraine, releases two peace doves to seal the deal, who are immediately attacked and possibly killed?

If I believed in omens, I would be concerned. As I don't, I am amused by the irony.

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
              But aside from that... does anyone else see the enormously bad omen in this whole situation?
              I would, but I'm pretty damn sure that or worse happens to all of the peace doves. I don't see how witnessing it would make a difference.
              Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Quite entertaining, that! However, I was lead to believe that crows and seagulls were for the most part scavengers... afraid i must have been mislead. My own experience with birds, is that they can be just as territorial as any other creature, so perhaps our answer is the simple instinct that marks the entirety of nature.

Comment

*gets out the holy water* Must EXORCISE the DEEEeeeEEEmoooOOOOooooNSSSSSSS!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Lmfao.... in all seriousness though, what is this crock of of BS ?! PEACE DOVES?? Really now -_-

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
                    I would, but I'm pretty damn sure that or worse happens to all of the peace doves. I don't see how witnessing it would make a difference.
                    Ha, that is a very good point! Peace doves who are released generally die of starvation or predation at some point soon after said release. But the irony of having been immediately attacked upon release is still there.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Lilium of the Valley View Post
                    Lmfao.... in all seriousness though, what is this crock of of BS ?! PEACE DOVES?? Really now -_-
                    'Peace doves' is a term used to describe doves who are bred specifically for their white mutations. When 'doves' are released they are usually either these 'peace doves' (which is not actually a species, but genetic mutations of several species) or white homing pigeons. Homing pigeons will return home, while peace doves will die, because they have zero ability to survive on their own. So while 'peace dove' is not an actual species, it's not quite BS either.

Comment

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoho View Post
                        Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
                        Goku beat Frieza, your argument is invalid.
                        Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Comment

@ Mephilis, concerning seagulls and crows.
                            Seagulls are mostly hunters that usually live of marine food sources but they'll take down other birds too if and when they can, that said in a pinch if they're hungry they'll scavenge.
                            Crows are the reverse, scavengers that will hunt if necessary. Basically both birds will eat anything and I'm not surprised this happened, I'm fairly sure it has happened before - I live near the sea and there's a lot of gulls around here, I've seen them take down other birds - it's just that this time there was someone with a camera around to take a photo.
                            Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRaven View Post
                              @ Mephilis, concerning seagulls and crows.
                              Seagulls are mostly hunters that usually live of marine food sources but they'll take down other birds too if and when they can, that said in a pinch if they're hungry they'll scavenge.
                              Crows are the reverse, scavengers that will hunt if necessary. Basically both birds will eat anything and I'm not surprised this happened, I'm fairly sure it has happened before - I live near the sea and there's a lot of gulls around here, I've seen them take down other birds - it's just that this time there was someone with a camera around to take a photo.
                              I can corroborate this. I live near Lake Michigan and we have a HUGE amount of seagulls here. I do like them, but most people call them flying rats. They will eat ANYTHING, scraps, other animals, napkins, seriously anything. And they are not particularly afraid of people. So some poor dumb inbred ringneck dove (I think that's the primary species they breed to make these white dove) doesn't stand a chance.

And crows? Around here they attack hawks. A dove is practice. And an h'orderves.

Comment

Working...
                              X