This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Olivye salad

This salad played a big role in the USSR kitchen; and even now, it still does.
    There is a tradition of making it on the Civil New Year. Of course, some of the ingredients change from family to family,
    or from place to place - depends on where you live and what your local supermarket tends to sell most.
    But I'll try to write the ordinary recipe for the salad.

Ingredients:
    - 400 gr. potatoes;
    - 10 boiled eggs;
    - 100 gr. of red smoked fish
    - 3-4 barely salted cucambers (if you want, not necessary - try to add them on the second time of making)
    - 100 gr. green peas (it's recommended to store them in your fridge before adding them)
    - Mayonnaise or sour cream (depends on what you prefer) - put as little as possible.
    - About 100-120 gr. caviar for taste and beauty (it is not a basic ingredient, so you don't have to put it).
    - Salt - for taste (if necessary).

Making the salad:

First, boil the potatoes. After they are boiled, clean them and the eggs cut both into small pieces. But Not too small! THe pieces should be 1X1 cm.

Second, boil the beans. In order to do so, put them in 1 liter of water, and lead it to boiling condition. Carefully pour the water and cool the beans in room temperature (about 25 degrees by Celcium).

Then cut the fish into 1X2 cm and add to the eggs and potatoes. In addition add the cooled beans to the salad and mix everything.

And the final step: add the mayonnaise or sour cream to the salad. Put as little as possible so it will only cover everything with a tiny layer; if necessary, add some salt.

Enjoy!
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^
Working...
X