Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Former Witch: The Danger & Deception of Wicca ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former Witch: The Danger & Deception of Wicca ?

So I came across this video on the internet..
    I'm not able to post links somehow, so look this up on youtube : Former Witch: The Danger & Deception of Wicca

Would like to hear what you guys think of this.

)O(

Re: Former Witch: The Danger & Deception of Wicca ?

Hi, Rhiannon, and welcome to PF

Regarding the video, I have just finished watching it and I don't really have any thoughts on it other than it's a documentary by a Christian programme attempting to potray Wicca as a false religion through a disenchanted former Wiccan.

Comment

There are tons of these, people who claim to be former freemasons, Muslims, Hindus, yoga practitioners, etc. basically anything which any particular sect of Christianity might view as dangerous or satanic - all claiming that their previous activities lead them into a hellish life, that they were deluded, that only finding Jesus saved them, so on and so forth. No idea how many of them are just fabricated, and how many are actual disenchanted dabblers in whatever it is in question (although I suspect there's at least quite a few of both). The ones I have watched were pretty fantastical (an alleged 'ex satanist' talking about human sacrifice, working for the Illuminati etc.).

Either way they're just silly internet propaganda and should be ignored.

Comment

This reminds me of the "Historical" Satan is everywhere panic that took place back in the 80's. So many stories of recovered memories,and satanic cults,and human sacrifice. Also there are still sites that worry over "harry Potter" or anything that for these groups smacks of "Devil worship"
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

It's basically this:

Except wicca.
          Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

oh these videos. yeah. this is Christian propaganda . also this was from 2003. just finished viewing the video. from what I saw they did interview real covens and legitimate Wiccans and used them in the interview as to pretend they were being fair. not to mention they had one of $ilver Ravenwolf's teen witch kit as a model of what they were doing. it was actually popular at that time period. also the Kathi person interviewed. she really did create and ran the somewhat infamous Ex-witch website/forum. I knew of her years ago on other forums this was the first time I actually saw what she looked like. so I know the people interviewed were real. but for Christian propaganda this was one of the tamer ones.
            Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons, For You Are Crunchy And Good With Kethup.

Comment

mhm, I do believe there are ''dangerous'' sides to Witchcraft, as in you always have to know what you are doing. Just like with everything else you do. If one does not know what he or she is doing it could get them hurt. Thanks for the reactions everyone, btw.

)O(

Comment

I can take this no more seriously than I can take things like the ludicrously awful documentary "the God Who Wasn't there" where an ex-Christian atheist goes back to his childhood Christian school and makes an absolute fool of himself in front of his old priest who is still very nice to him through the whole interview.

People who leave religions because those religions didn't work for them, and that the religion didn't live up to the promise they thought it would achieve in their lives, can be bitter, and that bitterness can translate into things like this. The old religion was wrong in all its forms, because it was wrong for one person...

So yeah, I think this is vindictive more than anything. I don't give it too much weight.
                hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

It smelled of propaganda when Youtube first recommended it to me. Didn't watch it then, won't watch it now. I've watched enough Illuminati/conspiracy videos lately that I don't really want to blow another blood vessel in my head... And I know that's what this video will do. Besides: more views = more credibility for them.

Comment

I saw part of this a while back, and the sheer amount of misinformation that the "expert" they brought in said was just unreal, I think I laughed a few times while watching. Not to mention that former Wiccan seemed to get into Wicca for the wrong reasons anyway, and doesn't seem to be that bright of an individual to think outside the box and objectively understand why her experience was so negative.

Comment

^ indeed

)O(

Comment

Heh. I watched some of these videos before, and I'm of the opinion that majority of them are fabricated. Those that seemed like they were not fabricated, involved people that sound as if they didn't bother to pick up a decent 101 book.
                        Kemetic Blog - http://www.inspiringrainbow.wordpress.com

Bring your grains of Salt.

Comment

Originally posted by toxicyarnglare View Post
                          I saw part of this a while back, and the sheer amount of misinformation that the "expert" they brought in said was just unreal.
                          Yeah, I have to wonder where this [expletive deleted] got her information from. It was largely crazy rambling on her part. Much of what was in this film was nonsense, and it wasn't even that bad...
                          http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                          ~Jim Butcher

Comment

The reason why you couldn't post it is because you need a higher post count to post links.

Comment

Not really going to take safety advice from a religion that nails people to crosses...

On a serious note, it's just the internet. There are X Billion videos out there if 10 of them are any our religion that's not too bad...

Comment

Working...
                              X