Right and Left handed paths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Right and Left handed paths

Even if you didn't label yourself, wouldn't people be able to tell by your actions, the way you follow your religion ect. It doesn't seem to matter that much because people will always ridicule you anyway if it doesn't fit with their way of thinking whether you go with labels or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Alienist View Post
      Even if you didn't label yourself, wouldn't people be able to tell by your actions, the way you follow your religion ect. It doesn't seem to matter that much because people will always ridicule you anyway if it doesn't fit with their way of thinking whether you go with labels or not.

So you honestly think you can tell what's in someone's heart just by looking at them?

Most LHP folks don't run around wearing black and laughing evilly, just in case you weren't sure. Honestly, you can't tell what someone believes until they tell you. Anything else is judging a book by its cover. Just because you don't understand something, doesn't make it evil.

However, ridicule is also known as bullying, and i don't stand for that crud, no matter who is slinging it. You can't decide what to believe and how to live because someone might make fun of you. Screw those people anyway.

Comment

This thread makes me feel like I'm a completely different type of human being then everyone else. And it's just not true. There is no mystique here. We are just human beings. We don't have evil wings floating out of our backs.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Alienist View Post
          No, not really. Your actions may be influenced by your religion but people won't know that just by your actions. They'll see you as the person you act like. If it was that easy to figure out someone, I'm certain a lot of issues wouldn't exist.
          Wild Witchy Dusk | TwitterMy Art Blog | My Deviantart

Comment

I cannot remember the source of this, so seriously considered not sharing it; however, it is a different take on the idea of LHP v. RHP than what I have read here, so .... for what it is worth. The idea is that the difference between these approaches is not so much a matter of good and evil, but the means by which one seeks to approach the source. The idea being that the LHP seeks to return along the same path already traveled from the source to manifestation and the RHP seeks ascent by completing the circle forward. Either way, the objective is the same, though the journey is different and produces a different being if/when the objective is attained. My personal perspective is that words confuse as much as they enlighten, so it is good to use caution when using or interpreting extreme discrete categories. Life doesn't come in sealed boxes.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Some excellent dialog in this thread. I think I'll read it more than once...

I understand the two as being very much mirror images of each other. Just like the literal left and right hand. They are intimately connected and yet diametrically separated.

There are a couple of posters in this forum who are extremely well informed, and I see in their writings confirmation of what I have come to realise in my own (RHP) research.

There is a lot here I would like to elaborate on, oppose, or share, but at this point I think it would not add anything particularly meaningful to the conversation.

Comment

Working...
              X