This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So, Poly amorous relationships

80-90% of my friends are engaged in healthy polyamorous relationships, so I know it works. I'm polyamorous but I'm currently in a functionally monoamorous/monosexual relationship. That doesn't mean that I don't love others, only that my situation and theirs prevents us from having a polyamorous union (distance being the primary factor). I'm currently in love with five individuals, and I don't see that number decreasing any time in the near future.

I know that for many jealousy is an issue (especially as expressed here in this thread), but this, like its root greed, is a learned concept and can equally be unlearned if one is willing. It's alarming (and a bit disappointing) to me how unwilling many pagans are to let go of greed. Most polyamorous people I know are somewhere in the nontheistic spectrum with a smattering of Christians and Jews, and I can't count among the pagans that I know personally (outside of my own path) a single practicing polyamorous one among them.

As for my religion, we support ethical polyamory 100%. We teach against jealousy and greed as the artificial constructs that they are. We also condone polygamy, which is, by definition, multiple marriage regardless of the number, arrangement, or gender of those involved (polyGYNY is one man, many women, not polygamy, as many misuse the term; polyandry is one woman, many men). We also support all forms of sexual and gender expressions between consenting adults, and we perform religious marriage or partnership ceremonies for any individual who wants them, regardless of whether it will be civilly recognized. So if one wanted, within the framework of Ōraḥ Qaḏəmōnī, they could have a boyfriend, a girlfriend, a husband, and a wife who all had spouses and partners of their own as well.
    ʼŌraḥ Qaḏəmōnī, a revival of Ancient Israelite religion -- PathOfAncients.org

Comment

I have nothing againt it. When i am in a relationship i give my heart to one person. For me thats what makes relationships between two people special you are dediticated your heart mind and body to be with one person. It works for some just not for me.

Comment

While I believe that works for some people it doesn't work for me. I'm feircly loyal to one person at one time I only want one person, to the point were my partner can exploit it easally , my ex boyfriend (yes I'm gay) cheated and lied the five months we were together and I was completely faithful and honest . And honestly only have one heart to give so it would be difficult to divide it. Lol
        Knowledge is the key to eternity. Not bowing before a deity not grovling at the feet of a messiah. Knowledge is power beyond mesure - satanic witch

Comment

Originally posted by satanic witch View Post
          . And honestly only have one heart to give so it would be difficult to divide it. Lol
          Thats how i feel i cant imagine feeling that way about two men at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by satanic witch View Post
            And honestly only have one heart to give so it would be difficult to divide it. Lol
            This really isn't a problem. I know a horror who knows a horror that keeps spare hearts in stock for all sorts of strange things. I'm sure his pricing is reasonable...

Err, wait, you didn't mean the physical organ...

Err, sorry, can't help you here.
            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
              This really isn't a problem. I know a horror who knows a horror that keeps spare hearts in stock for all sorts of strange things. I'm sure his pricing is reasonable...

Err, wait, you didn't mean the physical organ...

Err, sorry, can't help you here.
              Lol that one made me laugh !!!
              Knowledge is the key to eternity. Not bowing before a deity not grovling at the feet of a messiah. Knowledge is power beyond mesure - satanic witch

Comment

There's nothing wrong with them(I've been in a Polyamorous relationship myself), as long as you are capable of keeping multiple mates happy, otherwise it may not go well.
                "As long as humans continue to be the ruthless destroyer of other beings, we will never know health or peace. For as long as people massacre animals, they will kill each other. Indeed, those who sow the seed of murder and pain will never reap joy or love." - Pythagoras

"I too shall lie in the dust when I am dead, but now let me win noble renown." - Homer, The Iliad

Comment

Working...
                X