This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New and learning alot fast

Hi all, Ive been reading quite a few things. The Complete Book of Witchcraft by Raymond Buckland has my interest peeked. I feel a sense about Witchcraft that I dont feel when I read about other beliefs. I have always believed in the notion that all religions are merely roads that all lead to the same place. However I dont know a single witch anywhere near me so I am left to read. I am still looking to the future however and I can only think, "What should I read to continue my journey for knowledge of witchcraft?"
    Click Meh!!

Re: New and learning alot fast

I'd highly recommend the works of Scott Cunningham.

Check out Christopher Penczak as well.

Also The Kybalion - it isn't specifically Wiccan, but the teachings contained within will give you a greater picture of the metaphysical nature of the universe and had a large influence on Wicca.

Comment

Margot Adler's Drawing Down the Moon was a useful resource for me. It doesn't go into rituals, but is very thorough in the history and lifestyle of 'modern' pagans (druid, wicca, et cetera). It was published in 1979 with a couple updates since, but still very informational, perhaps even more-so because it was written during the modern revival of witchcraft and is even an accredited source for it.

Comment

Thank you for the advice. I have already read a bit into Scott Cunningham's "Wicca, a guide for the solitary practitioner", but I will have to check out Margot Adler's work.
        Click Meh!!

Comment

Working...
        X