This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raising the dead just takes practice

If you want to be Miracle Max, the miracle man, and raise the dead, you're gonna have to practice, practice, practice.

Then, it's a piece of cake:

Raising The Dead: Evangelical Christians Want To Practice Resurrections
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: Raising the dead just takes practice

Is there a point to this, or is it just another chance to sit around and make ourselves feel good by mocking people who believe silly things?

Comment

Isn't there an app for that??? called neck something app....
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Aeran View Post
        Is there a point to this, or is it just another chance to sit around and make ourselves feel good by mocking people who believe silly things?
        The world is an amazing place, filled with amazing things and amazing people, some of whom have amazing thoughts.

What you do with that information - laugh, cry, clap, scratch your head, get cranky & self righteous when exposed to it - is your business.
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeran View Post
          Just another chance.
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

When Mr Penry taught Religious education (many many years ago) he caused uproar by telling his class that their Scripture practical would be to raise the deputy headmaster from the dead (actually the deputy head was still very much alive... just a bit slow)
            www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Why can't people see that any religious scripture is symbolic? Jesus raising the dead would probably be a meaning that positive religious energy can make you a new person, make you "live again", you know? It's a very valid analogy. :lookingdown:

Comment

Originally posted by Ektor View Post
                Why can't people see that any religious scripture is symbolic? Jesus raising the dead would probably be a meaning that positive religious energy can make you a new person, make you "live again", you know? It's a very valid analogy. :lookingdown:
                I'd imagine it has something to do with those who believe in the "bodily resurrection of the dead."

Comment

Well if they can do this,I am putting in for a "Wake up" call around 2030 give or take a few months...
                  MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                  NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                  don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                  http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Well, I think that part of the Bible is literally true. I still think these people are nuts. Being that Jesus to me was the Son of God, and these guys are some schmucks.
                    hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

I would like to state a minor bit of opposition to what you said there, respectfully.

The "Why can't people see like me" attitude bothers me as far as religious things go. You see, I identify as "Christo-Heathen" meaning I believe in Christ, YHWH and both of their teachings, and also pagan deities. So as you can guess I am very religiously liberal and open minded. I believe and always will believe that Jesus raised a completely dead Lazarus back to the living. It is the power he received by being the son of a god. Just like I believe Freyr can make good weather come along, and Thor make storms arrive. Because these are powers that these sons of gods have in my view. People like me, and in a Christian sense people like Malflick. Are very hard coded viewers as far as what we read in our religious texts. We tend to believe that the text was written to outline the miracles/works of the represented deity. Thats just me.

(Also sorry if I spoke for you a bit there Mal, I kind of figured you share this view with me based on what I know of you.)
                      White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                      sigpic
                      In Days of yore,
                      From Britain's shore
                      Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                      And planted firm Britannia's flag
                      On Canada's fair domain.
                      Here may it wave,
                      Our boast, our pride
                      And joined in love together,
                      The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
                      The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

If you are hard wired to believe in your religious text, how come you are hard wired to be picky choosy about which to believe in your religious text?
                        Just a curious question from someone that doesn't believe in your religious text.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                          If you are hard wired to believe in your religious text, how come you are hard wired to be picky choosy about which to believe in your religious text?
                          Just a curious question from someone that doesn't believe in your religious text.
                          I'll admit to not completely understanding the question, if I get it wrong please correct me.

If you are saying that I personally pick and choose my favourite parts of the bible/eddas etc. To fit my lifestyle, than I am slightly offended but also not a liar. Everybody favours certain tenants and follows them more Zealously than others. The bible and Havamal feature stances on this, both stating that all are prone to being unfaithful/dishonourable, and states that only through progressing faith can you become better. So I am not outside my religious guidelines by now following them perfectly.
                          White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                          sigpic
                          In Days of yore,
                          From Britain's shore
                          Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                          And planted firm Britannia's flag
                          On Canada's fair domain.
                          Here may it wave,
                          Our boast, our pride
                          And joined in love together,
                          The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
                          The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

I didn't mean to offend. But I'm going to be direct non the less. Being offended never stopped me from continuing to ask questions I have about things. If you don't want to answer, I'll understand.

If you take the bible literally how can you then pick and choose to go outside of its teachings of monotheism and believe in any other gods etc? It's a question. And I do believe though it may sound critical, it's a valid question from someone who just read the dialog between you two guys.

Comment

I can literally post about a dozen things from the bible I'm completely sure you do not follow. It's not a literal book, and if you take it literally and on its entirety you'd be even violating some laws.

Comment

Working...
                              X